Sauer 100

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone have one of these rifles? I really don't need another hunting rifle, but I handled one at the gun show and it just felt right.
I no jack about the brand just that they are european company.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone have one of these rifles? I really don't need another hunting rifle, but I handled one at the gun show and it just felt right.
I no jack about the brand just that they are european company.

My buddy shoots the sniper version , 7mm magnum with the spiral profile barrel and kevlar stock. He loves it.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Know nothing about them but it is a good looking rifle. It feels right as you say sounds like a good reason to give one a try. I'd bet she's a fine shooter.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
German company competing with Mauser. Model 100 is their entry level that was marked down by EuroOptics in $899 range. A steal at that price if you can find one. They make upgraded models featuring upgraded stock ( higher grade of Walnut ) that run in the $2000-$3000 range. Europeans are big time hunters too and demand a quality product. Asked rep at EuroOptics which to buy a Sauer or a Sako. Sako was the answer all day long but for $899 I wouldn't hesitate on Sauer since the Sako 85 with wood furniture starts at $2000

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
German company competing with Mauser. Model 100 is their entry level that was marked down by EuroOptics in $899 range. A steal at that price if you can find one. They make upgraded models featuring upgraded stock ( higher grade of Walnut ) that run in the $2000-$3000 range. Europeans are big time hunters too and demand a quality product. Asked rep at EuroOptics which to buy a Sauer or a Sako. Sako was the answer all day long but for $899 I wouldn't hesitate on Sauer since the Sako 85 with wood furniture starts at $2000
Thanks for the reply.
The one I seen at the gun show was $799(if I remember correctly).
Im a fan of Tikka also but hadn't seen Sauer until last Saturday.

They also had a Franchi rifle, I didnt know they made rifles.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the reply.
The one I seen at the gun show was $799(if I remember correctly).
Im a fan of Tikka also but hadn't seen Sauer until last Saturday.

They also had a Franchi rifle, I didnt know they made rifles.
Tikka is an excellent product for the money as well. Used to be built in Finland along with their sister company Sako. Since Beretta purchased the group I'm not certain where they are made but I still suspect Finland.