Sandhills Oysters

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Excellent eating, but like Rocky Mountain oysters they're best eaten right away until all are consumed; they don't do well warmed over later.

My FIL used to belong to the Moose lodge in Denver, CO and they served RMO's every Monday night. We rarely missed a meal there on Monday.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
they're best eaten right away until all are consumed; they don't do well warmed over later.

thanks for that info,,, I didn't have any left after a few minutes so didn't test that but will keep in mind when preparing future ones!!

some things get better when reheated as leftovers (stew, soup, my daughter's Oxtail recipe),, and some don't - most fried foods don't in my opinion (except chicken!!)

Rescue44

Twelve Pointer
Chuckeye steaks used to be pretty cheap, too. As a meat market manager told me, "They were until people started finding out about them. ". I like the thick ones. Like them almost as good as my first choice..ribeye with nice amount of fat. 🤤🤤

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Chuckeye steaks used to be pretty cheap, too. As a meat market manager told me, "They were until people started finding out about them. ". I like the thick ones. Like them almost as good as my first choice..ribeye with nice amount of fat. 🤤🤤

I learned something in texas that I am taking to the next get-together,,, just for my bud @NCST8GUY ,,, and no it ain't oysters,,, them won't last that long

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer

Yep, poor man ribeye is what we called them