Same deer a year later

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Hopefully he makes it until next year for y'all.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
First thing I look at (when comparing bucks) is brow tines. It’s weird how they are different in the two photos in the OP.

I trust you guys know your deer. I’ve just not seen them vary (yr to yr).

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
First thing I look at (when comparing bucks) is brow tines. It’s weird how they are different in the two photos in the OP.

I trust you guys know your deer. I’ve just not seen them vary (yr to yr).
Brows are a great indicator, and those brows are spot on. The kicker(sticker, flyer, abnormal) point gives an illusion that they’re not the same.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Brows are a great indicator, and those brows are spot on. The kicker(sticker, flyer, abnormal) point gives an illusion that they’re not the same.

It’s a heckuva illusion. The left G1 points left in one photo and right in the other.

If you tell me he dropped the sticker, I could understand. Maybe someone did mention that.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Yeah there is no question that these are the same deer. He lost the abnormal point growing in front if his brow tine on the left antler. The brow tines are matching. Also look at the white patches behind the nose.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
We knew he made it through the season but this is the first clear pic we have gotten of him this year. He vacated the cutover he spent the last two summers in and even corn and a mineral block could not draw him in front of the camera. The swamp is dried up so he was bedding in the cattails where he felt safe and had good escape routes.IMG_0025.jpg

Last edited: