Saltwater catch thread - 2022

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Was a neat mix. I pan seared half the tile fish tonight. it was delicious. I'll let you know if the mercury gets me....or I won't 😄🤒

I was gonna ask if that was a tile....I think they are excellent with a lemon caper sauce. Spendy too, I think last I bought was $24/lb and that was before Bidenflation

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was gonna ask if that was a tile....I think they are excellent with a lemon caper sauce. Spendy too, I think last I bought was $24/lb and that was before Bidenflation
I know of golden and blue tilefish but this was a first.
cooked it in lemon butter with a little greek seasoning. No capers. I don't buy much fish. maybe 2 or 3 times a year if at all. And it has to be something I can't catch.😊

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I know of golden and blue tilefish but this was a first.
cooked it in lemon butter with a little greek seasoning. No capers. I don't buy much fish. maybe 2 or 3 times a year if at all. And it has to be something I can't catch.😊

Well I'd love to catch tile but we don't fish where they are unfortunately

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
Quality over quantity yesterday. Not everyday do you find the big drum schooled up in 18-24” of clear water. Amazing morning yesterday sight casting to these magnificent fish. Hooked 5, caught 4. We caught a nice trout on topwater drum tackle to boot.

View attachment 96256View attachment 96257View attachment 96258View attachment 96259
Been at the coast myself getting some over slot reds (only around 30”). Had a big bull blow up on my top water 4 times and couldn’t connect. Can’t find any trout though which is odd where I fish. Fun catching those big ones in the shallow water like that.

View attachment 95785
Had a trip scheduled for Thursday but got blown out. Jumped on another boat today and went 3 for 4. 1 shark also.
163 lbs of tuna, 85lbs of meat.
Fished out of Indian River Inlet, Delaware.
Did you use a charter there? I've been hoping to get out on a charter in DE as my father in law lives in Seaford and we're trying to plan a "man weekend" in Sept.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Did you use a charter there? I've been hoping to get out on a charter in DE as my father in law lives in Seaford and we're trying to plan a "man weekend" in Sept.
we charter Bill Slayer out of IRI every year. He is usually booked up. We just used 3 Amigos out of the same marina. Buddy happened across it in Facebook. Had great time and caught fish. It is a center console boat so the amenities are not there.
There should be a list online somewhere.
You can also call hookem and Cookem. they run 2 head boats, tackle shop, seafood and cleaning station.

redbow

Ten Pointer
I fought a big bull this am for 30 minutes. Hooked him on my trout rod with a skitter walk. Pulled off at the boat. Sportsman, what is your top water set up for the big drum?

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
please explain blanched sand fleas. Never heard of blanching them befoee.