Saltwater catch thread - 2022

hclaye25

Four Pointer
Went and played with the big drum this morning. Wind blowing 15-20 out the NE has them fired up but just too rough to fish. Caught 5 over 40 inches this morning in 20 min and headed back in to calmer waters .
Nice. What beach were you fishing?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
The weather man totally blew the precipitation forecast today. Minimal chance of rain was the word before I went to bed last night, but it rained on us off and on all morning. Nevertheless we made the best of it. We caught one big drum this morning around 8:15. We made a couple moves, and caught a trout and a few bluefish over the next couple hours. Finally we got on them…..either we found them or they finally started biting. We caught 12 nice fish from 10:45 to 1:00. Good stuff. I’m worn out!!!!!

431F595C-E774-4D1C-BA77-0AF7BAAA2F99.jpeg38DE119B-0A86-4BCB-8796-AE76E7C5C078.jpeg7BCF9727-BF49-4A95-ABC9-9DA7694A5FA7.jpeg

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
We stuck them good this morning. 4 man limit in 45 minutes walking. First one was literally 30 seconds in....I never took it off the gig and took it straight to the truck
I’ve loaded up on tiny flounder in the cast net the past week.

Treetall

Twelve Pointer
Cool morning leaving boat ramp today at 5:40. Pretty epic top water bite this morning on drum with plenty of lower slot fish. Had a 44 incher decide to eat a spook jr on a 2500 with 15 lb braid but finally got him in. Once that died off , picked up the flounder rod and had my first keeper in 6 min and culled him for another one around 20 inches just a few min later.

School of trout I’ve been on last few weeks seems to have either disappeared this morning or the huge pod of dolphins had them messed up at daylight today. Water temp was 76 so going tomorrow on a scouting trip up river to a spring time hole and see if you the trout have returned .

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds fun Treetall. Had loose plans to fish this morning myself, but wound up taking it easy this morning and cleaning up the boat.

Went drum fishing yesterday evening anticipating an epic bite in that NE blow. Not quite epic. We caught 5 big drum and one for the grill, and the biggest bluefish I’ve ever caught.

Ready for Fall fishing!!!

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Little man ran down to the pier after homework and caught a nice speckled trout. Shrimp on a popping cork.

ETA before anyone makes a comment on my high dollar cleaning table…I pulled that out of the dumpster; we’re still remodeling. I’m sitting at a plastic folding table downstairs sending this.

Attachments

• 9E7EA561-89EF-4F6A-8CDA-A8839073E87D.jpeg
    9E7EA561-89EF-4F6A-8CDA-A8839073E87D.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 45