salt water trivia

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
who are the three famous folks in this picture (not counting the mate with the cigarette)?

cuba-fishing.jpg

23mako

Ten Pointer
I'm a dumb arse millennial too...you'll come around some time!

Cool pic woodmoose....I imagine the fishing off Cuba back then was second to none. Che looks like he needs to hit the weight room!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
You need to take the scanoe down there and recreate the old man and the sea
I got a buddy(it may be legal now??) that sneaks into Cuba every few years . He goes in through the Bahamas and meets his brothers there who come in through Mexico. He always ask me to go but I never have. he loves it there.

23mako

Ten Pointer
I think it was easier during the Obama administration to get in...think it had to go through some sort of academic program? I know someone who went and they said the place is a complete dump. Lots of old cars from the 50s because of the embargo. I reckon one day the whole place will look like Miami but it would definitely be cool to go when its still rural.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Was just in Cuba 2 weeks ago, depending on where you go its a mess or where Hemmingway went (Cayo-Coco area) the beaches are awesome, did not go fishing though

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
he has been going to Cuba for 20 years every other year. they dont stamp you pass port in the bahamas or Mexico when taking a flight to cuba so the USA doesnt know you went. He said it has been easy for a long time. Also Americans do some really good fishing on the base at Guantanamo Bay. Jose Weijebe did a show on it one time. He got invited by someone there.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Cuba (heck most of the carib) has some good fishing,,,,

my daughter went to Cuba back when it first opened,,,some teacher thing grant thing,,,,,bad experience,,,had to do an emergency extraction,,,,,embassy and all,,,,fun times

I'll go there when the commies get the boot,,,till then other places get my money