Safety Harness Help?

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
Hey guys! Just got a new Lone Wolf Assault ii and the harness that came with it is to be desired. What are you guys using for harnesses with lineman ropes? Thanks!

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
I've got an API/HSS vest. I used to use the harnesses that came free with various stands. It's fun to put one on in the dark at some public land at zero dark early. LOL. I may start using them again during the hot months.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Clip into the belay loop in the front. Once you’re settled the rope goes around your waist to the tree. For climbing use the belay loop for both attachments rather than one on each hip. It’s not as stable but plenty usable. You can add webbing loops to the the side if you need to.

Lots of benefits to a climbing harness over the tree stand ones.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Clip into the belay loop in the front. Once you’re settled the rope goes around your waist to the tree. For climbing use the belay loop for both attachments rather than one on each hip. It’s not as stable but plenty usable. You can add webbing loops to the the side if you need to.

Yep, add a ropeman ascender to the linemans loop and you have a dang good setup.

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer

With connecting like that in the middle does that not get in the way of putting up sticks?

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
no, its not much different than having the points on your hips. You can lean off to the side and put them up or the easier way is to just give yourself a little more rope and lean back more. Leaning away from the tree more will open up a space right in front, inside the rope to put the stick up.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Muddy vest and HSS lifelines in all my stands. I dont climb in without it. Not putting myself or loved ones through a long recovery due to negligence on my part. Walked all the way to my stand friday morning just to turn around and go back to the truck when I realized I forgot my harness. There are many things that don't matter if I forget, but not saftey.