Sacrilegious tacos.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.... traditionalists want to waste crappie by frying them, yes I said waste....

Liberaly coat filets with Chef Paul Prudhomme- Blackened PUPPY DRUM Magic. Little bit of lemon zest because it’s like black pepper, put it on there when in doubt.

Hot cast iron skillet with plenty of butter about to smoke. Cook until almost burnt looking.

Cheated with that instant Rice Pilaf and added a can of black beans, some chipotle powder and ground cumin, for the side.

Vegetable slaw cabbage mix
Chopped red onion
Thin sliced Avacado
Red Bone Alley ‘Nawlins Remoulade because I was too lazy to make my own.
Heated tortillas in over until they got texture, put all of the above on, with a squeeze of lemon juice.

Viola59356CA1-6A7C-4D82-B303-70F7539C62E6.jpeg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.... traditionalists want to waste crappie by frying them, yes I said waste....

Liberaly coat filets with Chef Paul Prudhomme- Blackened PUPPY DRUM Magic. Little bit of lemon zest because it’s like black pepper, put it on there when in doubt.

Hot cast iron skillet with plenty of butter about to smoke. Cook until almost burnt looking.

Cheated with that instant Rice Pilaf and added a can of black beans, some chipotle powder and ground cumin, for the side.

Vegetable slaw cabbage mix
Chopped red onion
Thin sliced Avacado
Red Bone Alley ‘Nawlins Remoulade because I was too lazy to make my own.
Heated tortillas in over until they got texture, put all of the above on, with a squeeze of lemon juice.

ViolaView attachment 63414

Dang phone actin’ up,,,musta missed the text on chow time,

Nicely done Young Sir

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm a traditionalist but I'd try that if you fixed it for me. My phone must be acting up like Woodmoose's phone.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm a traditionalist but I'd try that if you fixed it for me. My phone must be acting up like Woodmoose's phone.
I am thinking if you get a phone call from him to eat you most likely won't like what will be expected in return. Or that has been what I have gleaned from his expectations from the ones I have known he has invited to dinner. ;)

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
That does look really good !

But, I like them lightly breaded and fried in hot peanut oil, too.
So, what do I know ??? 🤪🤣

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
That does look really good !

But, I like them lightly breaded and fried in hot peanut oil, too.
So, what do I know ??? 🤪🤣
And young bucks want to ruin crappie by hiding them in a salad........................................😂

was a point in time where the world was deemed flat and sneezing was the body ridding itself of demons..... hang in there fellas, the enlightenment is coming 😬

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
was a point in time where the world was deemed flat and sneezing was the body ridding itself of demons..... hang in there fellas, the enlightenment is coming 😬
Go out there and put a level on that lake in front of your house when the wind isn't blowing and tell me what it says. LMAO

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
A person goes to putting a red onion in their recipe, all it tells me is they didn’t like whatever it was they were making in the first place cause all the dam red onion does is make everything else taste like one too. I can’t figure why anybody likes a red onion. It’s like eating a sweaty armpit in august. I reckon I’m just not a fan of eating body odor😂😂

To be fair though, I hate seeing people fry good fish that don’t know how too. Beer batter this, coat fillet in that, use mustard etc....... if you gotta do all that to fry your fish, you don’t like fish, you like batter.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
A person goes to putting a red onion in their recipe, all it tells me is they didn’t like whatever it was they were making in the first place cause all the dam red onion does is make everything else taste like one too. I can’t figure why anybody likes a red onion. It’s like eating a sweaty armpit in august. I reckon I’m just not a fan of eating body odor😂😂

To be fair though, I hate seeing people fry good fish that don’t know how too. Beer batter this, coat fillet in that, use mustard etc....... if you gotta do all that to fry your fish, you don’t like fish, you like batter.

I know, right !
That's like somebody saying you gotta soak bobcat backstrap in salt water to make it edible.
Or, you gotta put a snapping turtle in a trash can and feed it grain 4 or 5 days before killing and cooking to make it edible. Just to "clean it out". :rolleyes::cautious:

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I know, right !
That's like somebody saying you gotta soak bobcat backstrap in salt water to make it edible.
Or, you gotta put a snapping turtle in a trash can and feed it grain 4 or 5 days before killing and cooking to make it edible. Just to "clean it out". :rolleyes::cautious:
Or placing a round rock inside the cavity of a Coot, basting & baking it for 1 hour @ 325 degrees & then throwing away the Coot & eating the rock.