Ryan Newman

TH7

Eight Pointer
My money is on David Ragan....he just announced offical retirement, but i think he comes back till ryans better.....no driver listed in vegas race for the 6 now....

Daniel Hemric was a thought. Not sure If he can drive a Ford in Cup and Chevy in Xfinity. Cant member If they've done that.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just saw a post on another forum that said he was released from the hospital. Had a picture of him walking out holding hands with both his daughters.

f8ea44e2421998a29af043569a257815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Got to hand props to Nascar and RFR for NOT fueling speculation, making profound announcements on THEIR timeline, not ours, and for creating and obviously following strict safety guidelines.

I remember when Jeff Burton's roll cage was found to have holes drilled in it to "save weight". I bet the driver never even knew about it. Can't imagine if corners had been cut how much worse of a wreck that might have been.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I figured maybe his feet got burned? I reckon they cut the racing shoes off of him, but surely someone had brought shoes in for him? If not, I'd be like him......."Wait, I can leave? PEEEERNT!"

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think now is a better time to speculate on what his injuries were.

Yesterday I received a call from a relative at 2 pm who had it on GOOD authority that he was in a medically induce coma to ease the brain swell. 1 hour later the report comes out that he's talking with DR's and Family :rolleyes: (the report was :greenjump::mosh:).

Though I don't have tweeter, I looked some up hoping some fans would post something like "he gave a thumbs up from the stretcher" or something.

Instead it was they were giving him CPR on the stretcher, Ambulance was slow on the roads so he was gone like #3, he's alert but might be paralyzed, bla bla bla. Lots of people yapping without having a clue what they are talking about. Social media is sometimes as bad as MSM.

I think it's safe to say that
A. He was listed as serious condition
B. Appears to have zero broken bones
C. Definitely not a serious head injury
D. Definitely not burned badly

I think I'm going to openly speculate.......mild concussion?

I figured maybe his feet got burned? I reckon they cut the racing shoes off of him, but surely someone had brought shoes in for him? If not, I'd be like him......."Wait, I can leave? PEEEERNT!"
Perhaps. But there is definitely road rash or a burn on his right arm in the photo.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Glad he is ok. But dont get why his condition was kept so secret for so long considering that luckly there were just minor injuries

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Newmans own words released today

Quite honestly, I will be interested to see the full details of the investigation.

He had a head injury.....was it from contact from LaJoies car or something else? Did the helmet survive? Or fail? Is it possible to make that kind of hit even safer next time