Rut Reports!

Post the rutting activity you have witnessed with the time date and county. If you have taken a deer post pics of tarsal glands. Also list what stage of the rut you believe the deer to be in.. Pre, peak, post.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
It's chasing phase for young bucks Granville/Vance, tons of scrapes and rubs popping up, does running away from anything that looks, smells or acts like a buck. Getting sick if seeing all these little bucks, can't keep a doe in front of me without it getting chased off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
It's chasing phase for young bucks Granville/Vance, tons of scrapes and rubs popping up, does running away from anything that looks, smells or acts like a buck. Getting sick if seeing all these little bucks, can't keep a doe in front of me without it getting chased off.

This is basically what I saw last week in Bertie. It's still too early here in Caldwell County.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Northampton and Hertford county......havent witnessed any rut activity at all.
Maybe next week, I have to work next week so I assume it will be good then. I think I'll change my vacation days until next week[emoji6]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Saw young buck bird dogging group of does Sunday afternoon in our pasture and saw big buck yesterday afternoon shadowing 2 does in the pasture. Both were around 515pm. I believe pre rut the bucks are ready but does arent. Im in northern Stanly County

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Pretty much the same situation in Warren county, too.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not useful info probably but in central WV they were on fire today

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
SW Virginia (Grayson county) this past Sunday through Monday I hunted.

Does still in groups but bucks starting to cruise. Saw 2 - 8pointers. 1 had dark tarsals.

Scrapes appearing everywhere in last few days.

I’d say Pre-Rut with 1st does coming into estrous end of next week

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
11 4 2019; Saw most movement of the season so far. Northern wilkes co.. Big doe and fawn broke cover looking nerviest followed by small spike. All three came running back across open area 10 min. later followed by a basket rack 6 point 5 min. afterwards. Then 30 min afterward had 6 does and fawns run from cover like they were being pushed.Best i could tell all hocks light colored or lightly stained .Looks to be start of pre rut with a lot of small buck on camera this last week. With the northwest ml season starting sat. and the cold weather coming its about time to spend as much time in the woods as i can.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Killed this guy Saturday in Randolph Co. He was cruising around scent checking bedding but was not actively chasing. He was on a leisurely stroll down a roadbed and didn't seem to be interested in acorns or corn in the area. His tarsals weren't real dark but he was a little swollen. He didn't stink too bad, I'd say pre-rut. NC wildlife site shows peak in my area as around 30 Nov.
35f85005e5e105d19fe0e32d84bc572f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Killed this guy Saturday in Randolph Co. He was cruising around scent checking bedding but was not actively chasing. He was on a leisurely stroll down a roadbed and didn't seem to be interested in acorns or corn in the area. His tarsals weren't real dark but he was a little swollen. He didn't stink too bad, I'd say pre-rut. NC wildlife site shows peak in my area as around 30 Nov.
35f85005e5e105d19fe0e32d84bc572f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Awesome! Sounds like pre rut in most of the state. Thanks for the info and congrats on a nice deer.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
I would guess pre rut in Harnett as well. Younger bucks are cruising. Mature buck I had on cam yearly have all but disappeared.

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Saw a 6pt in a field around 9:00 yesterday morning looking at does that just crossed road. He was not scared by vehicles and seemed to be focused on his hearts desire.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They are chasing in Martin, this past weekend had a nice 8 chasing a doe come within 30 yards of me, but I don't have a buck tag left. Brother couldn't get a clean shot at him...Several nice bucks on camera last week that hadn't been seen before.

NCBowhunter84

Button Buck
Monday morning, 11/4, I had a doe come by bleating and had dark tarsal glands. Didn’t have any bucks come after her though. Harnett County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCBowhunter84

Button Buck
Forgot to add, Found a brand new scrape at one of my stands this morning with a lot of new rubs popping up in the same area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I’ve walked prolly 40 miles all over the mountains since October 1st and just saw the first scrape yesterday at 4000’.

Only prolly 5 horned trees during that span as well.

It should take off during the last week of gun season. Like it always does up here.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I’ve walked prolly 40 miles all over the mountains since October 1st and just saw the first scrape yesterday at 4000’.

Only prolly 5 horned trees during that span as well.

It should take off during the last week of gun season. Like it always does up here.
Edited to add. Mainly Buncombe, Burke, and Haywood with forays into Henderson and Madison.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Post the rutting activity you have witnessed with the time date and county. If you have taken a deer post pics of tarsal glands. Also list what stage of the rut you believe the deer to be in.. Pre, peak, post.
I believe that they are in all three stages from mid october till jan 1.
My beliefs are supported by years of posts here.
Many times i think i am in a different region of the country comparing my observations with those posting here.

I do wonder though the pics of the tarsal glands.
Anyone want to tell me how that tells you the stage of the rut?

Blades

Six Pointer
Roadkill bucks noticeably higher the past week in surrounding Charlotte area. Ill be in the woods this Saturday and had very good activity last Saturday, just nothing that gave me heart palpitations.

Saturday is shaping up to be a prime-time day....pretty pumped to be honest. That early morning rise will be easier without the aid of joe.