Rut Reports!

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Ruts was early started around,21 of,Oct,at my area,in Moore,co,now,the,secondary and,or main rut kicked in,had,bucks,looking and chasing does since,Thursday, nothing this morning,think lock down or,just not lucky. Its,almost over this,week will be the,last void time until week before,Christmas, Good,luck,guys,oh,they in the thickest parts of,the,woods,now.

Blades

Six Pointer
I wasn’t hunting and searching for a buck I arrowed the night before with no luck(lost lung blood after 120 yards). So I was walking back to the truck in Stanley, on a trial, and I saw movement 40 yards to my left. I decided to stay still and see what happens. After some stomping the large 7 point buck and doe walked up to me 15 yards away while I was standing in the middle of the road. We had a stare off for a min until he finally figured me out and blew off with the doe.I had just a camo jacket, orange hat and scent control on. Pretty cool experience because I’ve never been so close to a deer coming in while standing up in an open trail.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
saw two 8pters in a small strip of woods near a state road with a doe at 10:54 am today.
turned around to look again and when the doe ran they were cutting her and chasing in lust not fright.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The most exciting rut activity I saw while hunting this year while hunting was the week of Thanksgiving in Va (Tazewell County). Saw numerous bucks actively trailing and chasing does.

The buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning had given me the slip the evening before. He pushed a doe into a thicket about an hour before dark and they bedded down. Was in the same stand the next morning and saw them bedded about 20 yards from where they were the evening before. They stayed put til around 9:30 and then he got up and nudged her til she stood and he bred her. They bedded back down. Around 11:00 three does came out of the thicket and began feeding about 75 yards from where the buck and doe were bedded. One was apparently in heat and he caught her scent. He bolted upright, abandoned the doe he was with and charged into the field after the other doe. He cut her out from the other two and chased her across the field away from me. About 5 minutes later she came back my way and he made the mistake of slowing down long enough for me to gauge his pace and estimate my lead. One shot and he crumpled mid stride. Before I had even cycled the bolt another buck appeared( he may have been there all along, I wasn’t really paying attention to anything but the buck I shot)and promptly chased her out of sight.
4675a4f95854d87f76a91bc2ba5843de.jpg
b564dd4f3e1cafd8b950edd6ec0e7877.jpg
4ff60c7986f92458b786f0afcbbb6a3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
The most exciting rut activity I saw while hunting this year while hunting was the week of Thanksgiving in Va (Tazewell County). Saw numerous bucks actively trailing and chasing does.

The buck I killed on Thanksgiving morning had given me the slip the evening before. He pushed a doe into a thicket about an hour before dark and they bedded down. Was in the same stand the next morning and saw them bedded about 20 yards from where they were the evening before. They stayed put til around 9:30 and then he got up and nudged her til she stood and he bred her. They bedded back down. Around 11:00 three does came out of the thicket and began feeding about 75 yards from where the buck and doe were bedded. One was apparently in heat and he caught her scent. He bolted upright, abandoned the doe he was with and charged into the field after the other doe. He cut her out from the other two and chased her across the field away from me. About 5 minutes later she came back my way and he made the mistake of slowing down long enough for me to gauge his pace and estimate my lead. One shot and he crumpled mid stride. Before I had even cycled the bolt another buck appeared( he may have been there all along, I wasn’t really paying attention to anything but the buck I shot)and promptly chased her out of sight.
4675a4f95854d87f76a91bc2ba5843de.jpg
b564dd4f3e1cafd8b950edd6ec0e7877.jpg
4ff60c7986f92458b786f0afcbbb6a3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes Sir, that is good one and a great story. Congratulations

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Everyone is moving to next year but some mtn bucks are still at it.
Watched a nice young 8pt dog two doe fawns for quite a while this morning. Hocks dark. Watched him pee on himself and do all the rutty things. Pretty cool. He looked 3.5. Might be a contender next season if he adds some mass to an already impressive frame.

Anyone else still seeing bucks get after it?

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Everyone is moving to next year but some mtn bucks are still at it.
Watched a nice young 8pt dog two doe fawns for quite a while this morning. Hocks dark. Watched him pee on himself and do all the rutty things. Pretty cool. He looked 3.5. Might be a contender next season if he adds some mass to an already impressive frame.

Anyone else still seeing bucks get after it?
Found some scrapes opened up two weeks ago while out scouting