Rut Reports!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So what conclusion do you get on rut phase when you go from seeing everything but breeding for last sat thru thursday yet under perfect conditions the past two days you see one 4pter? Does galore with no horns around them.
I'm with Lucky's earlier post.
It's over. :)
For me it seems. Sure was fun while it lasted.

I saw one lone doe yesterday morning and that was it until I was walking out and decided to scout an area I had cams on during off season but pulled due to no activity. Well I jumped a large 10 bedded down with a doe. Guess it was a good spot after all. Oh well, this was in north Cumberland.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I’m setting world records for lone does without company. Doe groups without bucks aren’t unusual, but lone does in November? C’mon man! (and no, they ain’t knotheads)

I’ve seen one 2.5 pushing hard, and a spike harassing a doe fawn. That’s it.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Woman county.......have seen young bucks chasing, trapper saw a nice tall racked buck chasing last Tuesday. Lots of scrapes and rubs popping up. Pulled cards on the cams I have out and looks like the bucks have really started to move more the last week. This cold snap should make for a great few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
They were moving last night.. Saw @8. All small. They were working the acorns. Got some new bucks on camera. Now (or last week) is the time to be out there. I just don't have time to hunt.

Attachments

• 20191110_192742.jpg
    20191110_192742.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 1573428347355_IMG_1850.JPG
    1573428347355_IMG_1850.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 98
  • MFDC8228.JPG
    MFDC8228.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 98
  • MFDC8233.JPG
    MFDC8233.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 96

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I have been
I’m setting world records for lone does without company. Doe groups without bucks aren’t unusual, but lone does in November? C’mon man! (and no, they ain’t knotheads)

I’ve seen one 2.5 pushing hard, and a spike harassing a doe fawn. That’s it.

I have been experiencing the exact same in VA. Went from seeing groups of does to loner does.

Only seen the 1 buck scent check a doe and grunting ... but then went on his way

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
While checking camera today I found 9 scrapes on the 1 fire break I walked on. Haven't seen this many here in years.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
I'm still not seeing a lot of rut action in north Wilkes co so far . Does and faws still bunched up with small bucks pestering them. Small bucks on cameral at nite .Did see some new scrapes and a small spike working one. 11-10 2019...

Rhyno

Spike
Just watched a 4 ptr chase a doe around for about 15 minutes and he finally gave up ! Right before dark ! Lincoln co. Must be getting close!

Hrlhustler

Six Pointer
Denton NC yesterday saw 23 deer in am 20 does 2 spikes and a 6 pt no chasing or pushing...

Attachments

• 20191110_070133.jpg
    20191110_070133.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20191110_071708.jpg
    20191110_071708.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20191110_090817.jpg
    20191110_090817.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 71
  • 20191110_090830.jpg
    20191110_090830.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 66

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 3 different bucks Saturday evening. They were chasing/ harassing a couple does. This was in Stokes County.

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
If you aren’t seeing buck deer while hunting during this time you are in the wrong places.

I’ve seen more nice bucks for my area than I have in a long time.

Hrlhustler

Six Pointer
If you aren’t seeing buck deer while hunting during this time you are in the wrong places.

Ive seen mature bucks chasing all around my area just not on my piece... they will mess up here shortly

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saw a bachelor group of 4 bucks Saturday. Couple decent 7-8s couple smaller 4-6 point deer. Just moseying along through a bean field. Browsing and eating. Saw 4 does this afternoon browsing through beans. Have not seen a scrape yet nor signs of rutting where I hunt. On the roads it looks like a different story.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

that's exactly what i would have said before saturday and Sunday. went to zero for me quickly.
Fortunately I saw some hard running by one yesterday. My hope is renewed.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Saw a 6 pointer chasing Monday morning. Then saw a young 5 pointer "cruising" in the afternoon. Found a huge fresh scrape under a small tree. Been a scrape here for the last few years. This is the first really "clean" scrape there this year. This was in Moore county.

PhilipWicker

Button Buck
I'm still not seeing a lot of rut action in north Wilkes co so far . Does and faws still bunched up with small bucks pestering them. Small bucks on cameral at nite .Did see some new scrapes and a small spike working one. 11-10 2019...
East Wilkes around Roaring River has been quiet. Lots of does..but haven’t seen any chasing yet. Muzzleloader opener was REALLY quiet. Maybe heard 3 shots all day. I’ll be back in the woods starting Friday. Plan to do some long sits Fri-Sun.

Apike524

Spike
I was going from seeing 15-20 deer every sit to seeing nothing. Maybe it’s the moon or maybe the excitement is over, but I haven’t seen anything the past two sits. Hopefully Saturday will be better.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
11-14-2019.. north Wilkes co. Cool o_O overcast day. Deer were moving good all morning. Does in small groups or alone, several button heads alone. Saw over six spikes cruising around smelling and looking one working a scrap. Hocks on most deer getting darker color. Several deer running from cover but did not see any bigger bucks chasing . I thank it getting ready to get good here.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
It's here. Been seeing does with young all year. Today I saw lots of single and double fawns. At 4:45 I had a mature long nose doe walk by at ten yards. Fifty yards out she starts licking a branch. I thought she was eating at first. Then she squats and pees under the branch in a scrap. Walks on to feed on corn 100 yards away. Comes back and works the licking branch over again. Then squats and pees again. Flashes her tail like a neon brothel sign. I've never seen this before, but I think she will be pregnant by tomorrow.:) Hoping this is happening to the majority of does this week.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So what conclusion do you get on rut phase when you go from seeing everything but breeding for last sat thru thursday yet under perfect conditions the past two days you see one 4pter? Does galore with no horns around them.

C'mon OS, you don't have this figured out? It ain't "over" for the bucks. But they still can only service one at a time.

When you go from activity out the wazoo, to strangely dead right in the middle of the rut....you're right in the middle of the rut. Give it a few days, and you should see another flurry of activity before it's truly over.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
C'mon OS, you don't have this figured out? It ain't "over" for the bucks. But they still can only service one at a time.

When you go from activity out the wazoo, to strangely dead right in the middle of the rut....you're right in the middle of the rut. Give it a few days, and you should see another flurry of activity before it's truly over.

you are correct.
i was almost serious when i posted that. dangest drop i have ever seen. but they made up for it this week. :)