Rut Report

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Saw nice 8pt at 6:20 cross bean field this afternoon…nose in air and finally ran back and forth on wood line smelling for does in heat. Getting close but have not seen any does interested yet. Should be our best days coming up with these colder nights and sunny days.

TNmurdock

Button Buck
Didn't see anything today on bragg. Something heard me though. It took off and crashed through the water.

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
My spots in Halifax all the same. Lots of bucks roaming/searching. Saw numerous bucks with their nose on the ground or scanning fields looking.

UltraSlug

Six Pointer
My camera activity on feeders has really slowed down. I'm mostly catching does running by. Maybe they have a few minutes peace before they're being ran down but no sustained feeding like there was a week ago

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
My camera activity on feeders has really slowed down. I'm mostly catching does running by. Maybe they have a few minutes peace before they're being ran down but no sustained feeding like there was a week ago
Same with my cameras. All the does have vanished or I get a rear end photo bomb.

CAP305

Six Pointer
Wednesday and Thursday were good for deer sightings in Uwharrie. Saw a spike working a scrape line kinda sorta following a doe. Had several does at last light come out but nothing following em. Friday saw bupkis but heard a seriously mean sounding grunt/growl a couple hundred yards off. The week before I had a fat 10 and an 8 work a licking branch and scrape then make a B-Line to some doe bedding where I consequently scared them away with a poorly aimed crossbow bolt and even more hackneyed attempt at re-cocking a crossbow in a tree saddle. I'd say some pre-rut was starting a week ago with the primary starting very soon. I'm only hunting once this week (I say that now.....) but am staying in the RV starting Sunday and hunting Uwharrie hard the first week of gun. Good luck to everyone but the deer.

DeerManager

Eight Pointer
I am seeing the young bucks push does, the older buck are on the move; residence bucks are making a round about every 4-6 days. Bucks have been rubbing more. I haven't seen any scrapes( which is odd to me).

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I am seeing the young bucks push does, the older buck are on the move; residence bucks are making a round about every 4-6 days. Bucks have been rubbing more. I haven't seen any scrapes( which is odd to me).
I haven't seen any scrapes either, I made one yesterday on the edge of a food plot and sprayed some magic potion on an overhanging limb and a little in the scrape.
Maybe that will get them started.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
11am stroll down an old logging road to check out the latest new stand I got put up. No sits in it yet. You know how this plays out right?

Doe is bedded she sees me gets up to bound off. Nice eight pointer in full pursuit.
if he ever saw me he didn’t care.
Could a killed him with a rock

being the dead time for firearms I was armed with only a knife.
I would say they were close to being in lock down mode.
As stupid as it was to just check out a stand at least I have more confidence in it’s placement