Rusty shotgun shells

buckbuster04

Ten Pointer
What's the best way to dispose of them? I don't want to shoot them because they are in terrible condition and I don't want to mess up my gun. I've thought about carefully cutting them open and dumping the power and everything into a bowl of water. Any ideas

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Cut the hull open on the end. Pour out the shot and place all lead in a flat rate box addressed to me for disposal. Now comes the fun part. Cut 1" slits down the hull and attach cardboard fins. Tape a marble centered over the primer. (I may or may not have done this as a kid on Halloween night while riding my bike through the community I lived in).

Jaybird

Twelve Pointer
Now comes the fun part. Cut 1" slits down the hull and attach cardboard fins. Tape a marble centered over the primer. (I may or may not have done this as a kid on Halloween night while riding my bike through the community I lived in).

Brings back memories. Doing it with a flare without cutting out the "payload" is not as much fun for the record.

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
Options are to shoot it, cut open to reclaim components (powder makes good fertilizer), or give it to some crazy fool to shoot :D

CD