Ruger stepping up Super Redhawk 10mm

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
That's a lot of gun to carry around for the 10mm cartridge. No doubt it'll be a collector piece in less than a decade.

<>< Fish

RBR

Six Pointer
Nice looking piece there. Should be a lot of fun to shoot and get the job done to boot. Weighing in @ 54oz is that average for this frame?

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Nice looking piece there. Should be a lot of fun to shoot and get the job done to boot. Weighing in @ 54oz is that average for this frame?

Yeah. The Super Redhawk is a chunk and even heavier with the smaller diameter bore.

<>< Fish

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't mind seeing the 10mm round available in the 3" and 4" GP100. If they offered this, I'd have to seriously consider getting one.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Still hoping that one day, maybe, Springfield will add 10mm to their XD(M) full size line....

That redhawk is cool.

I've been quite surprised how effortless hip carry has been with my 7.5" blackhawk 44 this season...

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't mind seeing the 10mm round available in the 3" and 4" GP100. If they offered this, I'd have to seriously consider getting one.

What I was hearing it is in the works.
They were doing the 44 spec and match 22
may be sometime in the next year.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That's a lot of gun to carry around for the 10mm cartridge. No doubt it'll be a collector piece in less than a decade.

<>< Fish

Yea, if I'm going to carry a handgun that weighs 54 ounces it's not going to be chambered in 10mm. That's a bit like an L-Frame chambered in 9mm.

The gun buying public may prove me wrong but I think this is an answer to a question nobody is really asking.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Yea, if I'm going to carry a handgun that weighs 54 ounces it's not going to be chambered in 10mm. That's a bit like an L-Frame chambered in 9mm.

The gun buying public may prove me wrong but I think this is an answer to a question nobody is really asking.

I agree 100%. It probably won't be in Ruger's catalog long and will be sought after when the public notices it is gone.

A Glock G20 with 16 10mm rounds on board makes more sense to me.

<>< Fish

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I agree 100%. It probably won't be in Ruger's catalog long and will be sought after when the public notices it is gone.

A Glock G20 with 16 10mm rounds on board makes more sense to me.

<>< Fish

Yep have one.
just harder to mount a scope to it for distance and remove for open sights.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Gadget, Ed's Gun Shop had one in stock today at the store. Super Redhawk 10mm $869.95 Nicely built gun but that is a steep admission price for a 10mm. Making a GP100 in 10mm makes more sense to me.

<>< Fish

Ultexvl.jpg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep got one on order should be here soon.
Wonder if they will make a match chanp in10mm like a 2.5 to 3" barrel.
For now the 4" will do.