Ruger Marlin

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had one in my hands personally last week and it was a very nice lever gun. Fit and finish was top knotch and the lightly fluted action was smooth. It's not a light gun but there's a lot of steel so it shouldn't be but it points and balances well. I don't own a lever gun but if I was shopping one I wouldn't hesitate on the new ones.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Iā€™m glad Ruger took over this business. It looks like only 45-70 is being offered for the time being. Anyone know their plans for expanding the number of caliber offerings? Iā€™d be interested in a 30-30 when & if they expand their lineup.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Iā€™m glad Ruger took over this business. It looks like only 45-70 is being offered for the time being. Anyone know their plans for expanding the number of caliber offerings? Iā€™d be interested in a 30-30 when & if they expand their lineup.

350 legend would draw a bigger crowd

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Lets hope the other offerings cost less. For that kind of money, most folks will consider more accurate, longer ranging, harder hitting, lighter kicking, less expensive rifles. e.g. lots of competition.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Lots of "new" crap that isn't needed. Ditch the rail with it's BS sights, forget the threaded barrel, skip the flute routine, and for God's sake do away with the damned cross bolt safety and be a big boy and learn how to use the hammer. It's there for a reason!!
I get what your saying but you'd be in the minority on those views from the 20 plus people of all age brackets that handled the same one I did. All those features, while not "needed" are really nice....sights included. Cross bolt safety I'll give you is weird.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I get what your saying but you'd be in the minority on those views from the 20 plus people of all age brackets that handled the same one I did. All those features, while not "needed" are really nice....sights included. Cross bolt safety I'll give you is weird.
Cross bolt safety= lawyers' idea I'm quite sure.

I'm waiting on them to put out the 357/44 mags later on down the road and then I will have me one.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Cross bolt safety= lawyers' idea I'm quite sure.

I'm waiting on them to put out the 357/44 mags later on down the road and then I will have me one.
Those are set for the next release from what I've heard. I have a standing order in for a 44 Mag.

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
That would be an interesting idea for a lever gun.
I would like to see it, simply because .350 is the only damn thing on the shelf, and for less than $1 a round at that.
Lots of "new" crap that isn't needed. Ditch the rail with it's BS sights, forget the threaded barrel, skip the flute routine, and for God's sake do away with the damned cross bolt safety and be a big boy and learn how to use the hammer. It's there for a reason!!
The thing is with this idea is nothing you mentioned takes away the ability to shoot the gun the way *you* want to do it, it just allows a bigger crowd to say the same.

Could they make an "economy" version to bring down the barrier to entry eventually? yes.
As a flagship product on a new line and name? They need all the market share they can get.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I would like to see it, simply because .350 is the only damn thing on the shelf, and for less than $1 a round at that.
Far cry from last year at this time when it was 28 gauge and 6.5 creedmore.

Strange times we live in....