Ruger EC9S

CarolinaReaper

Been eyeing this little pistol for a few weeks now. Contemplating ordering one. It get's decent marks all across the board for the money. Just looking for another small, "pocket" pistol. Had bad issues with that Kimber, so kind of left a bad taste in my mouth on tiny pistols. So, not trying to spend a bunch on one. Love some feedback on it from anyone who's owned one. Thanks.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Been eyeing this little pistol for a few weeks now. Contemplating ordering one. It get's decent marks all across the board for the money. Just looking for another small, "pocket" pistol. Had bad issues with that Kimber, so kind of left a bad taste in my mouth on tiny pistols. So, not trying to spend a bunch on one. Love some feedback on it from anyone who's owned one. Thanks.

I love mine so much I bought one for my dad and wife.

It’s really my only carry pistol in most normal EDC situations.

CarolinaReaper

So what's your take on the current price of $300 pretty much anywhere that has them? Go ahead and make the purchase or wait for the price to drop down a little? Thinking about just going ahead and ordering one because of the current state of things.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So what's your take on the current price of $300 pretty much anywhere that has them? Go ahead and make the purchase or wait for the price to drop down a little? Thinking about just going ahead and ordering one because of the current state of things.

Man. It’s a terrible time to want a new gun.
Between prices and availability...it sucks.

I am kinda in the same boat though. Picked a great time to want another rifle...
I’m waiting it out a while before I buy new.

that said, if I needed an EDC gun...I’d order it tonight.

CarolinaReaper

Man. It’s a terrible time to want a new gun.
Between prices and availability...it sucks.

I am kinda in the same boat though. Picked a great time to want another rifle...
I’m waiting it out a while before I buy new.

that said, if I needed an EDC gun...I’d order it tonight.

I agree on the timing. It's either out of stock or overpriced. It's a sellers market right now, that's for sure. It wouldn't be much cheaper normally, I think I'm just gonna go ahead pull the trigger on one.

CarolinaReaper

I went ahead and ordered one. All but a handful of reviews have nothing but goods things to say about it. I REALLY wanted the FDE version but was unable to find it anywhere except gunbroker. Where they wanted as much as I paid plus a 3% extra charge for using a debit card, tax and $25-$35 shipping on top of all that. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is selling them for $299 and free shipping. Best deal I'v found from a mainstream retailer that actually has them in stock. Here's hoping for no mag disconnect issues or ftf's! 🤞🤞

IMG_1531.jpg

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I went ahead and ordered one. All but a handful of reviews have nothing but goods things to say about it. I REALLY wanted the FDE version but was unable to find it anywhere except gunbroker. Where they wanted as much as I paid plus a 3% extra charge for using a debit card, tax and $25-$35 shipping on top of all that. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is selling them for $299 and free shipping. Best deal I'v found from a mainstream retailer that actually has them in stock. Here's hoping for no mag disconnect issues or ftf's! 🤞🤞

View attachment 53602

You’ll like it.
You didn’t “waste” much. Cheapest I paid was $235 OTD right after they came out and started to be around.

Great little pistol. You might try some high temp white enamel hobby paint on the front sight.

Helps me a little with pickup on that black serrated blade.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Didn’t know you wanted fde, might be late but here. Don’t know the reputation right now.

CarolinaReaper

Any of you fellas willing to part with one? just got an email saying they had issued me a refund due to backstock order issues??

CarolinaReaper

@Buffet Trout

Thanks for the tip on KYGUNCO. $298 shipped to my FFL. $20-$30 cheaper than any other store I'v found them at. In a way the store I originally ordered from refunding me was a blessing. I originally wanted the FDE version anyway. But ordered the black one because It was all I seen available at the time. This way, I get the one I really wanted.

CarolinaReaper

Gun just arrived today. SUPER fast shipping from KYGunCo. Gonna try to shoot her some on Thanksgiving if it don't rain all damn day.