Ruger American Compact 243

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Do not trust the tightness of the stock screws or scope base screws as they come from Ruger. The factory bases were finger tight and both stock screws were the same.

ALWAYS re-set a factory scope and check stock screws. 3rd thing they taught us in Gunsmith School. Locktite the base screws and even a tad under the base, but NEVER Loctite rings, but tighten them alternately same as changing a car tire. Stock screws should be tightened and nicked with a prick punch so a quick visual tells if they have moved. Front screw tick at 12 oclock (towards muzzle) and rear screw nicks at 6 oclock.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I don't have the compact size 243 but do have the full size. The year I bought my daughter the Ruger American the compact model wasn't out yet but came out the next year. The full size is an accurate rifle. It likes the 80 grain bullets the best. I'm in Moore county, if your ever my way your welcome to try ours to see if you like it. We like the Barnes ttsx bullet for deer. Hope this helps.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
I don't have the compact size 243 but do have the full size. The year I bought my daughter the Ruger American the compact model wasn't out yet but came out the next year. The full size is an accurate rifle. It likes the 80 grain bullets the best. I'm in Moore county, if your ever my way your welcome to try ours to see if you like it. We like the Barnes ttsx bullet for deer. Hope this helps.
I appreciate the input and offer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk