Ruger 10/22 Fingergroove Sporter

BlueRidge

Spike
Got this rifle on the way. I placed a bid in a moment of weakness and won. Made 1971, seller describes it as “mint condition”. It is not the checkered version. What can you experts tell me about it? Thanks.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
While I don’t have one of the 10/22 finger grooves, I do have one of the Ruger .44 Magnum carbines in the finger groove version.

They’re very cool looking and I like the feel of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Elkahaulic

Button Buck
While I don’t have one of the 10/22 finger grooves, I do have one of the Ruger .44 Magnum carbines in the finger groove version.

Harry Potter field. Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Soo it depends.

I like the 10/22 platform
Do you have a fingergroove. 44 Ruger carbine u would be interested in selling? Tnx Tom

tompolek@gmail.com

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns

I have a mint one with the finger groove. It's called the Sporter Stock in the .44 Magnum and out of all of the .44 carbines I have it's by far my favorite.

Elkahaulic

Button Buck
No, all of them I have will be given to grandkids. I'm a big fan of that gun. They can still be found GB will have a few pop up at times, but they go for a premium.
I hear ya....We have 4 grandsons and a granddaughter so far....lots to pass down to them as well as old ford crewcabs! LoL....They r hard to find and understand I'll have to open my wallet for one of them. I have a minty 70' 10/22 fingergroove but want the .44 to match.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
That # u posted is for University of Utah....can u send me the phone # again that has one? Looking for a .44 mag carbine finger groove.... Tnx Tom

Revived a dead 3 year old thread.

Wasn’t a mistake now go get that colorectal exam.

Elkahaulic

Button Buck
I just purchased this one, and it is on the way. I'm a fan of the Ruger 44 Mag, too.
Nice score! I'll admit I never knew the "fingergroove" 10/22 existed until I stumbled upon mine for $165.00 abt 1 month ago. These r sharp looking lil rifles and shoots really well! It now has me on the hunt for a .44 fingergroove as well. Tnx for sharing. You have a great looking lil .22 there!

Fish Head

Eight Pointer
Nice score! I'll admit I never knew the "fingergroove" 10/22 existed until I stumbled upon mine for $165.00 abt 1 month ago. These r sharp looking lil rifles and shoots really well! It now has me on the hunt for a .44 fingergroove as well. Tnx for sharing. You have a great looking lil .22 there!
Thank you! It's a 44!!