Ruffed Grouse Taxidermist

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm looking for a good ruffed grouse taxi. Either local or out of state. I had found one online that does great work, but after contacting them, bird+base+shipping is going to be $500-600+.

Add to that, most grouse I have seen mounted looked terrible. Even ones mounted in locations where they see a lot of grouse mounts. If it's gonna turn out bad, there's no point in doing it, but I've got a really pretty red-phase male in the freezer that would look nice if I can find the right person. It's double bagged, but I've been sitting on it since October, so I need to get it rolling. I know it's a long shot, but do any of you know someone who you think can do a good job on it?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Have you tried talking to Nana? I have found that women are in general more detailed oriented. I personally haven't seen any of her work except on here but what I saw was excellent. If she doesn't feel she could do what you require she may have a suggestion for you.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do not know who you talked to but any bird I want mounted goes to Mark Benfield in Lincolnton, NC. Birds are all he does. I had the ducks he did for me put in a glass case and they look as good today as the day I picked them up.

But if you want cheap, I can not help you.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions. I will start with Mark Benfield since he is in reasonable driving distance.