Rubs and Scrapes

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I went hunting on Friday and was surprised to find a lot of fresh scrapes and rubs. Found around 15 rubs that all looked to have been made in the last week and 3 scrapes that didnt have a leaf in them. Just surprised as I dont normally find much fresh sign this late in the season. Anyone else still seeing new sign pop up?

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Was in WV last week and got to hunt our property Thursday-Saturday. Fresh scrapes and rubs all over the place. My cousin hunted the property yesterday and found several new rubs and scrapes then as well, ended up shooting an 8pt that was likely responsible for several of them.

ahales

Four Pointer
i Saw a lot of new scrapes with not a leaf in the this weekend. Saw a smaller 6 with his nose to the ground moving quick. I was assuming the second rut starting to come in.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Hunting always gets good right towards the end of rifle season in the mountains. Lots of new rubs and scrapes popping up in the past few days here. Lots of dead ones on the road this morning also.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Saw several fresh scrapes and new rubs in northern wilkes co Thursday and Friday last week . Also saw two smaller 6 pointer checking the scrapes. noticed two yearling does { I thank, could have been buttons} and a group {two yearling and two bigger does} running from cover with there tall up. I would guess they were being pushed by rutting bucks. Could be second rut. Also noticed several smaller deer dead on the roads from Winston-Salem west to the other side of Elkin.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Why wouldnt they continue to communicate their desire to breed?

I'm not saying they wouldnt. I'm just saying its uncommon for me to see this much activity and sign this late in the season. I've owned this property for going on 8 years now and this is the first time I've seen it like this in December.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Hunting always gets good right towards the end of rifle season in the mountains. Lots of new rubs and scrapes popping up in the past few days here. Lots of dead ones on the road this morning also.
Good, I’ll be chasing mountain bucks Thursday hopefully.

thandy

Ten Pointer
Saw several fresh scrapes and new rubs in northern wilkes co Thursday and Friday last week . Also saw two smaller 6 pointer checking the scrapes. noticed two yearling does { I thank, could have been buttons} and a group {two yearling and two bigger does} running from cover with there tall up. I would guess they were being pushed by rutting bucks. Could be second rut. Also noticed several smaller deer dead on the roads from Winston-Salem west to the other side of Elkin.
Had a small 8 freshen up a scrape just below my stand the other day. Had my daughter with me she thought it was cool. Also had a small buck dogging a doe back and fourth across a field Sunday. All in Wilkes...Roaring River area.