Roy Williams Retires

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not sure why you are saying Duh since the post you responded to mentioned Gonzaga and Villenova to which you said football money is building basketball.

He didn't say football money is building ALL of the basketball teams. Just that those schools with lots of football money are starting to see returns on that money in basketball.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Nobody almost had me. You guys just have a safe space here. And now you are taunting me, with the security of your safe space as a shield to do so? How fitting...

Bro it was a joke. I wasn't taunting or baiting. My initial comment was 100% genuine, I am just playing on your response. No need to get all worked up, @Tipmoose has sent me packing plenty of times too. Aint no safe space here!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
All I know is UNC is sports is looking good and I for one am looking forward to some great Basketball and Football. Hubert will be fine and Mack has the Heels football team climbing.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Brown winning a football natty at UNC or the brothers finally getting one of those epic snowstorms.....which will come first?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well you gotta figure brown only has a few more years and the brothers have a lifetime to hit a snow prediction.
I would bet on the snow lovers.
@pattersonj11 - this is the best prop bet ever proposed here on this forum. You may have a career in vegas. :)

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not playing women’s defense(zone) they’re not. That’s the reason he’s been coaching since the Middle Ages and has only cut the net down once.

Kind of an oxymoron.

Syracuse has been relevant since Middle Ages

Got to break that zone.

No way an ACC team could have played in big East mid century. Couldn’t have carried Georgetown’s jock strap to the laundry room.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder what Roy is doing with all those timeouts he saved up?

Jim

Lol this is funny......he got a lot of flack for not calling TO’s.....but he won 3 titles not calling timeouts. He learned that from dean smith. I’ll never forget Phil Ford’s story at dean smiths funeral about the first coaching lesson dean smith ever gave him......it was about calling timeouts. Quite funny.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Kind of an oxymoron.

Syracuse has been relevant since Middle Ages

Got to break that zone.

No way an ACC team could have played in big East mid century. Couldn’t have carried Georgetown’s jock strap to the laundry room.

That zone has been broken down by good teams many times over. He is the best at coaching women’s defense but there is no substitute for straight up man to man.

And I definitely respectfully disagree with the last statement. Georgetown has 1 title to show just like cuss. That 84 team was special but Carolina or Duke would have managed just fine in the big East during the those days. I do miss the old big East though. That was a fun conference tournament.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That zone has been broken down by good teams many times over. He is the best at coaching women’s defense but there is no substitute for straight up man to man.

And I definitely respectfully disagree with the last statement. Georgetown has 1 title to show just like cuss. That 84 team was special but Carolina or Duke would have managed just fine in the big East during the those days. I do miss the old big East though. That was a fun conference tournament.

13 national championships between 3 teams around Raleigh/Durham. I think they would have held their own.

I’m not into the UCLA and Kentucky history, but 13 is impressive from a small area.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
13 national championships between 3 teams around Raleigh/Durham. I think they would have held their own.

I’m not into the UCLA and Kentucky history, but 13 is impressive from a small area.

Agreed. It is crazy how good schools that close together have been through the years. ACC has 15 national championships compared to the 8 the big ten has. So it’s not even an argument.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

You should thank teams like Cuse and ND Playing ACC schedule In sports

Couple years......... only reason they will be on TV.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
He didn't say football money is building ALL of the basketball teams. Just that those schools with lots of football money are starting to see returns on that money in basketball.

That's about exactly what happened at UF way back (mid 2000's) wasn't it?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That's about exactly what happened at UF way back (mid 2000's) wasn't it?

No...UF's dumbass AD actually hired a good up and coming basketball coach and then let him coach. Notice UF hasn't sniffed a title in anything except baseball and women's sports in the last decade?