Roxys deer recovery

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
View attachment 100841
Roxy is my lab shes almost 2 years old i got her on some deer last year and she picked it up this is her first this year. Shes not on the tracking dog list because she still needs practice but shes on the right track
Good for her! She looks happy! Most dogs can do it, it’s usually a handler issue if they can’t. Looks like you’ve done your part to let her do her thing.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Great work! Every dog with a nose can do it, and they do it for multiple reasons. Some have more potential than others but few people ever have a dog that reaches it's potential because they don't give them enough opportunities to. Labs are great. Keep up the good work, give them as many opportunities as possible, you have more to learn then she does and she's going to teach you every trip out.

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Message me your location and number and I'll send tracks your way if I know someone needs help, as long as your honest with people that it's a less experienced dog your good.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good girl Roxie! At two years old she's past that "teenager" stage, and she'll get down to serious business. Now is the time to put her on all the tracks you can; she's got the tools, you just need to give her the opportunities and a little guidance.
Again, congratulations on the recoveries!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Message me your location and number and I'll send tracks your way if I know someone needs help, as long as your honest with people that it's a less experienced dog your good.
Yup I’d rather a less experienced dog try than no dog at all. I’m usually pretty great with tracking but if I can’t find em and can’t pick up a path or blood trail I back out and call a dog

Parrot

Spike
I work really hard to recover all deer because its not thier fault a bad shot or even a good shot with little or no blood was made. They shouldn't have to suffer no matter the size or gender they are all deer and living creatures they deserve a humane as possible death.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I like Roxy. Some dogs you just can tell are a pure pleasure. I'll bet she fits in that category. Her pics with her recovery are awesome.