Rolled another one out today

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
don't that water valve stick out too much?
If it does it sticks out too much on just about all of them. That is what about all of them use. That one is in the open position now which makes it appear to stick out much farther. Closed it is middle way of the brass.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it does it sticks out too much on just about all of them. That is what about all of them use. That one is in the open position now which makes it appear to stick out much farther. Closed it is middle way of the brass.
it just looks like it would hit you in the head or you would catch something on it and bend it. hey, if it works, it works.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
View attachment 45803Finally had time to get back on it. Pictures don’t do it justice, it is a monster. Full size truck long bed and it fills it up.

This guy is in his 70s so he can’t or doesn’t need to be crawling up on top to access a cooler. Built ball bearing sliding drawers in the dry storage box for his cooler and collars. View attachment 45801View attachment 45804
Dude this is awesome. Really clean work. Hey @Bluedogman this is what we were just talking about

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have a trailer I pull behind my 420 rancher.
Be cool to have some type of aluminum box flat top trailer.

I really dig that water tank.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Aaaaaaaaand the next to the last one for the year is on the table. Got the gun box finished and the top framed out. Water tank is next then the rear dry compartment and then it will be more framing and doors.

This one is the biggest yet and will be for a Chevy. After it another slide in then on to deer hunting.13427A97-998F-44F1-B94E-9A6B88BDB575.jpegD1564CE4-5C37-43D7-8699-224939DEDB37.jpeg

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Pfffttt.... @YanceyGreenhorn after looking at some of those aluminum welds I could show ole @nccatfisher something about welding....
Hit me up with a PM and I can send you some pictures of what your welds COULD look like if you were:

1) an fifth of Jack Daniels deep
2)at 3:30 am
3) With a blindfold on
4) upside down under that shelter
5) hanging from a bungee harness

In all seriousness that is a man that takes pride in what he works on and although it’s been a minute since I’ve had rabbit beagles or walkers, I Saw these pics and thought about getting you to build me a box so I could go buy some dogs to put in them!
👏

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Pfffttt.... @YanceyGreenhorn after looking at some of those aluminum welds I could show ole @nccatfisher something about welding....
Hit me up with a PM and I can send you some pictures of what your welds COULD look like if you were:

3) With a blindfold on

In all seriousness that is a man that takes pride in what he works on and although it’s been a minute since I’ve had rabbit beagles or walkers, I Saw these pics and thought about getting you to build me a box so I could go buy some dogs to put in them!
👏
Haha you actually had me in the first part. I thought dang why’s he telling me what his problems are with another man’s welding? I liked the way ya spaced it out so I had to scroll down to see the joke. Heck I think it’s a great idea to get Nc to build ya a box. The more guys running hounds on the forum...the more I get obsessed with it

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

3) With a blindfold on

👏
Trust me, there is more truth in what you speak then you know. Right at 70 years and several years of undiagnosed lymes has taken it's toll on my ability to do it. I used to be able to make it look like a machine. Now not so much, I am definitely in my twilight TIG welding. The guy that does this with me can lay some good looking beads down, overhead, mirror, vertical it doesn't matter to him. But he could be my grandson.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Trust me, there is more truth in what you speak then you know. Right at 70 years and several years of undiagnosed lymes has taken it's toll on my ability to do it. I used to be able to make it look like a machine. Now not so much, I am definitely in my twilight TIG welding. The guy that does this with me can lay some good looking beads down, overhead, mirror, vertical it doesn't matter to him. But he could be my grandson.
Well I'll just say y'all do some fine work together .
I'm going thru some stuff now with joint issues and I talked to my DR about tick diseases and was sure the Lyme test was gonna come back positive but nope. Had several ticks with "reactions" in the spring/ summer so it was logical to me. Dont get me wrong, I didn't want to have it just some answers.... I cant imagine going thru several years of stuff.