Rockingham???

lasttombstone

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would love to see racing come back to The Rock. Would be good for the area. I'm hesitant to go all in on Roy Cooper doing anything without an ulterior motive. There's got to be a certain amount of trying to grab some of us "good ol' boy's" votes over on his side. Gonna be kind of difficult to get any of the current NASCAR track owners to give up one of their dates. I haven't kept up with everything but I don't remember hearing NASCAR saying anything about adding any dates to their schedule. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
I have heard that they are looking to make some changes in the 2020 time frame. Mid week races at smaller tracks. That was from Larry Mac and Ray everham on Sirius a few months back. Also Dale Jarret Dale jr and Jeff burton were trying to promote it on Dale jr s show. If that's cup xfinity trucks or k&n I do not know.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Sure would be nice take away one these boring run circles for 3 hours races and give the rock back

MtnMan

Eight Pointer
I'd love to see them come back to the Rock. I enjoyed going there over any other track I've been to.

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
No way should WE be funding a private business. Give them loans its one thing, but not fund them.
They tried the same stuff with us here in Wilmington. Local government wanted us to fund and provide a stadium for a Minor League Baseball team. Every Dad that had a kid in baseball, they all think their son is the next Trot Nixon, wanted it. But there was a lot of other funding added to the proposal. It was defeated by over 80% against it.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
With nobody at yesterday's Bristol race , I doubt The Rock will make a come back. The 2020 schedule is out already, no Rock. If you have been by the Rock lately, you would see that most of the parking lots are now solar panels.

Part-time hunter

Eight Pointer
I would love to see racing come back to The Rock. Would be good for the area. I'm hesitant to go all in on Roy Cooper doing anything without an ulterior motive. There's got to be a certain amount of trying to grab some of us "good ol' boy's" votes over on his side. Gonna be kind of difficult to get any of the current NASCAR track owners to give up one of their dates. I haven't kept up with everything but I don't remember hearing NASCAR saying anything about adding any dates to their schedule. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
It would indeed be good for the area because it's pretty much a dead zone now. As for Cooper's motive, well they all are in it for themselves regardless of party. I'm from there and some of my friends and fam that are still there have posted pics so there'll have to be considerable work done to make it work. To be honest racing isn't my sport but then not everybody loves the LPGA too.