Fri • Mar 17th, 2023
7:34 PM - 8:26 PM EDT
Canaveral

SES-18 & SES-19​

Falcon 9 Block 5​

SpaceX​

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Thanks for the updates Clark. My wife and I enjoy watching and you keep us on top of things. It never ceases to amaze me when that rocket sits back down on that ship. From 100 miles up in space. Sometimes I have trouble hitting a parking spot at Food Lion and I only go 18 miles.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Looks like a Starlink launch is scheduled for tomorrow morning @ 9:18 AM. Something must have changed with the Starship test flight. Information says Thursday morning at 8:28 AM Central Time. I guess that means 9:28 here.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Apparently the spent fuel from a SpaceX launch traversed the northern lights and gave quite the show yesterday?

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I've got all 3 DVD's recording, and I'll probably still watch it on youtube.

I am working nights so I wont get off till 7:30 am and usually I am asleep by 9:30, might try to stay up if it looks like it is gonna go....they do not plan on landing either part, the plan for catching the booster stage is either the craziest thing I have ever seen or the coolest....and they have not tried it yet and wont this time around so that bums me out.

The first stage is going for a "soft" landing in the GOM and the actual starship is gonna do the same north of Hawaii assuming it makes low orbit per the plan.

2 min mark of this video shows the plan for recovering the monster booster stage

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Its gonna be epic history no matter what, if they get the countdown to 0 and light the thing off. Biggest flame thrower ever. I wonder if there will still be a Starbase after this?