Rocket launch

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
cool deal
went to Wallops Island for Science Camp in Jr Hi for 2 weeks. I taught the teacher what coon and fox and mink tracks looked like, and identified most of the birds for the class.
We "helped" launch some weather rockets and balloons and took water samples to study, etc.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
This is what keeps me from driving up there to see this live....they scrub these launches a lot....sounds like a stuck valve or something, the weather conditions were as good at they can possibly be....

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Man; I was standing outside watching it on my phone and saw it was scrubbed. I don't know why I am so disappointed; I did not even know about it until I saw this thread about 30 mins ago. HA>

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Scrubbed due to "off nominal data from ground support equipment at the launch pad"
Whatever that means.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
My 5 year old niece was super excited as we had the prelaunch playing on her big TV, then went outside when it got to 3 minutes, listening on the phone. It was extremely hard for me to explain how far away this rocket was from where we were standing, but that we would still be able to see it. She almost cried when I explained to her what "abort" meant. It could have been a really cool moment for her, that's why I'm so bummed.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Well I meant to watch. At 530 I told wifey to remind me in 5 minutes and at 7 I said OH Cra@!. She said what's wrong? I missed the launch! Then I just opened this and read it now.

I'll be sure to be ready to miss it whenever they decide to launch it again. Or I'll just check when the space station is flying by. You can usually see it pretty good.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Well I meant to watch. At 530 I told wifey to remind me in 5 minutes and at 7 I said OH Cra@!. She said what's wrong? I missed the launch! Then I just opened this and read it now.

I'll be sure to be ready to miss it whenever they decide to launch it again. Or I'll just check when the space station is flying by. You can usually see it pretty good.

If t launches tomorrow we're gonna have HEAVY clouds I fear. SO GLAD I got to see the Starliner last month or 2 months ago!

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
If t launches tomorrow we're gonna have HEAVY clouds I fear. SO GLAD I got to see the Starliner last month or 2 months ago!
Yeah I believe there is rain in the forecast. The starliner is a pretty reliable sight. I watched a few months ago like 3-4 days in a row.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
[QUOTE="NCST8GUY,

Hoping to see space x Saturday as well
[/QUOTE]

where is Spacex launching on Saturday?

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We are due to take a cruise ship out of Port Canaveral this upcoming Saturday. That would be cool if we could see a launch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
After not going again today they are going to try tomorrow Sat 15th at 3:41, its suppose to be clear but I am not sure how visible it will be...