Robo-bombed

Castle Oak 2

Six Pointer
My landline had been bombed for the last two days. Last night we were getting a call every 3 to 5 minutes. Finally just took the phone off the hook. Dang, this is aggravating. Anybody else having the same problem?

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Wish laws with stiff penalties would be put in place for all such unsolicited callers...

Why hasn't that happened? I would pay good money to have them put out of business. I know plenty of business owners that would contribute. That is a multi billion dollar ideal if somebody would pursue it. I'm a small business owner myself and my phone is my lifeline to more work. This morning I had 4 solicitors and 1 business call on my cell phone. It gets old.....esp. when the recording says please don't hang up the phone. If your recording has to say that..you have worn your welcome out long ago. I think the phone companies could put a stop to it buts its a money maker for them to allow these folks to harass their own customers. I just don't understand why this is going on in today world.

Higgins

Ten Pointer
I press 1 and get them on the phone and waste their time like they're wasting mine by stringing them along until they hang up,
And to be honest the calls have slowed way down.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
We have always gotten telemarketer calls at work and you could tell by the number when it showed up on caller ID but now the calls are coming from numbers that are not really them. 2 weeks ago we were getting calls from our main office number but it was telemarketers and then this week the ID shows Wells Fargo Bank but same deal.

mikep7m10

Six Pointer
I press 1 and get them on the phone and waste their time like they're wasting mine by stringing them along until they hang up,
And to be honest the calls have slowed way down.

I press 1 and give them a few choice word and hang up before they have a chance to reply. That also cuts down calls and takes less time.

PG2

Ten Pointer
My Dad is lives in Ohio had the same problem but with their phone they payed for the option to whomever calls that number the operator picks up and tell you to dial the number 8 to verify that they are not a telemarketer... This cuts out those calls...

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We get at least 2 - 3 of these calls a day, sometimes more.

If a politician could pass a law with harsh penalties to get them to stop, they'd get my vote.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My landline had been bombed for the last two days. Last night we were getting a call every 3 to 5 minutes. Finally just took the phone off the hook. Dang, this is aggravating. Anybody else having the same problem?

Last place I worked at got hacked. They blocked files and all that jazz. Our manager sent an email bomb to the ransom reply email address. The hackers got about 10,000 emails a minute, and auto enrolled into email updates from thousands of websites. Didn't solve our problem, but hopefully it slowed them down a bit.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We get at least 2 - 3 of these calls a day, sometimes more.

If a politician could pass a law with harsh penalties to get them to stop, they'd get my vote.
problem is, politicians use this same tactic at election time........great way not to get my vote

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Lately I've been reporting them to the national Do Not Call Registry via their website and surprisingly my calls have dropped off. Maybe it works? I know a lot of folks complain about receiving them but how many have taken the time to file a complaint?

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I'm not understanding their upside?? No body is buying anything, their wasting their time and I don't see where that's profitable.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
i just started pressing the button to talk with somebody and when they get on the phone i lay into them with profanity laced degrading insults about how stupid they and their mothers who had them are until they hang up kinda feel good and they must remove me from their list because the calls got less frequent especialy from re ocurring calls.....if you push the button for the do not call list it does no good just cuss em out

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
We get 15-20 calls a day on home phone, and several on our cell phones.
We are on the "do not call" lists for both phones, doesn't do any good.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We don't have a home phone, and just use our cell phones for everything. I do, however, get a handful of solicitation calls per week. Usually, I won't answer anybody who isn't in my contacts list. If I get the same number call me 2-3 times without leaving a message, I block that number. Unfortunately, for the past 4 months, we have been having to deal with a relocation service to move from New Bern to Fayetteville, banking folks, inspectors, appraisers, etc., so I've been having to answer any calls I get. I'm looking forward to getting the move over with so I can go back to answering only my contacts list!

double

Twelve Pointer
The problem with the do not call list is you may have done some form of business no matter how small with a subsidiary of the robo caller within the last year so they can by law annoy the crap out of you. The laws definitely need improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Lately I've been reporting them to the national Do Not Call Registry via their website and surprisingly my calls have dropped off. Maybe it works? I know a lot of folks complain about receiving them but how many have taken the time to file a complaint?
The problem with the do not call list is you may have done some form of business no matter how small with a subsidiary of the robo caller within the last year so they can by law annoy the crap out of you. The laws definitely need improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am glad yours dropped off since registering with the FCC Do Not Call list. I registered my landline and cell phones, but unfortunately I have not seen a drop in scams and solicitations. I recall hearing that there may some legislation to remedy this aggravation.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I am glad yours dropped off since registering with the FCC Do Not Call list. I registered my landline and cell phones, but unfortunately I have not seen a drop in scams and solicitations. I recall hearing that there may some legislation to remedy this aggravation.
Once you register then you can file complaints. They ask for the number, time of call, nature of call. What the lowlife's don't realize is that they leave all that information on your phone when they call. I doubt 1% of the nuisance calls are turned in. Most of us just complain about them and that's as far as it goes.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
In my opinion, I consider this a form of trespassing.

I believe this affects people in a far more direct manner than say, "climate change", or "russia" or our Potus's taxes. Might just be he needs to lay down some laws regarding these calls. I'd LOVE to see who comes out against such laws!!!!

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I got a job this evening because I answered my phone. Lady said I was the only one who would answer the phone. She mentioned one place she called...it was my dad. Dad told me a couple weeks back...he was done answering the phone and if it was important they would leave a message. He is tired of quitting what he is doing with hopes of getting a job to hear some BS.

I just had one call me...he is wanting to buy my rental house. I told him I get plenty of calls wanting to buy my properties but all of you are broke...nobody makes a offer. He hung up...LOL.

I hope they burn them down!

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just tell ‘em I’m masturbating, and almost done.

“Can you hang on a minute”?