Robert Ruark house!.....his hang out. (edit)

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
He didn't have a house there. His maternal grandfather (Capt Hawley Adkins) lived there. That grandfather was "The Old Man" in the "The Old Man and The Boy" series that Ruark wrote. It was nice to stay in the home that spawned some of the best sporting writers to ever ply the trade.

<>< Fish

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
There is a second Ruark house around the corner and towards the south too, but not sure which Ruark had it.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
So..... you are at the beach and I'm working on your sales. Oh, that's how you managed to afford a beach trip. LOL.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Did he write "Old Man and the Boy"? I've never read it or heard of him until this past week where I saw a quote from that book. Then, bam, I see your post the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Did he write "Old Man and the Boy"? I've never read it or heard of him until this past week where I saw a quote from that book. Then, bam, I see your post the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yes and the old man's boy grows older and some fiction and non fiction. safari tales and "racy" novels.
I suggest you sample his stuff. I think i have read all his books except for some lost classic collections assembled by Jim Casada.