Roanoke River Refuge Hunts

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Just seeing if any of our NCHuntandfish brethren drew any Roanoke hunts. I drew muzzleloader permits for Garibaldi both weeks of the season, also drew rifle for garibaldi 11/21-23, and 12/19-21 and Pollocks Ferry 12/26-28. Been a few years since I hunted Garibaldi, looking forward to getting back on that piece. If you are going to be in the area during those time frames, let me know. I will be hunting by myself, be nice to have a few contacts close by for safety purposes and we can exchange hunting lies.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I'm not hunting Upper Roanoke this year. We had a pretty good time last year, but it was flooded really bad. I shot a doe about 5 seconds into my first hunt. That was the second year that I had hunted Pollack's Ferry. This year we're going down to Lower Roanoke and hunting Conine Island/Askew. We're headed down and hunting 10/31 - 11/2. I'm hoping it's not too early for some rut activity. I wanted to go the next week, but my brother couldn't get off work.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
You better hope the Core of Engineers does not flood the river like the last two years. Going to take some time to get the deer numbers back to where they use to be. All of the flooding moved many of the deer off of the low grounds.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
You better hope the Core of Engineers does not flood the river like the last two years. Going to take some time to get the deer numbers back to where they use to be. All of the flooding moved many of the deer off of the low grounds.
Some never left, those that did moved right back in. Home is home. Saw quite a few deer, hunting in there last year, just could not make it to the high ground I know that are in those swamps. Thought about a canoe, but decided against that and I did not want to walk 1/2 mile or more in waist deep water. The deer I saw were moving between these areas of "high" ground, crossing large areas of flooded swamp.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I had no issues seeing deer on upper roanoke last couple of years.