Roanoke 04-30/05-01/05-02

PTman

Four Pointer
im sure ill be there one of those afternoons after work. look for the yellow key west bay boat

PTman

Four Pointer
if you're planning to use shad, let me know when the time gets closer. if work isnt too hectic, i will help you out with some

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Careful out there boys. Water is at 7500 cfm now and after yesterday I am unfortunately having to purchase a new prop and probably a prop shaft change after season.
On the brighter side there are some big fish here and white paddle tail flukes are the bait of choice.

redbow

Ten Pointer
Careful out there boys. Water is at 7500 cfm now and after yesterday I am unfortunately having to purchase a new prop and probably a prop shaft change after season.
On the brighter side there are some big fish here and white paddle tail flukes are the bait of choice.
7500 is not that low. Hate you hit something. Where did you hit it? I thought I knew where all the rocks were but maybe not. Or maybe you hit something floating. Can't say it enough, the Roanoke is dangerous.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
7500 is not that low. Hate you hit something. Where did you hit it? I thought I knew where all the rocks were but maybe not. Or maybe you hit something floating. Can't say it enough, the Roanoke is dangerous.
Your right it is dangerous......I've seen people that have fished and hunted their whole life on the river tear stuff up.
I've always said if most people could see all the rocks in the river from Gaston to the Big Rock they would never put their boat in again..lol

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I was under the first rail road trestle. I live 10 min from the ramp and spend a ton of time on the river when i can. 7500 is not too low but is low enough that the rocks up river of the ramp are showing and you aren't going to make it too far up from the ramp without a jet. There may be a route that I am not aware and if there is, I would like to learn it.

Last edited:

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I was under the first rail road trestle. I live 10 min from the ramp and spend a ton of time on the river when i can. 7500 is not too low but is low enough that the rocks up river of the ramp are showing and you aren't going to make it too far up from the ramp without a jet. There may be a route that I am not aware and if there is, I would like to learn it.

Go behind the island if you dare. One way is about as bad as the other and there are as many fish below the rock as there are above it...

redbow

Ten Pointer
Upriver explains it. I don't go up there unless it is at least 15000cfs flow and even then I'm puckered up.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
If anyone's interested in learning the path behind the island holler and you can follow me one day... at your own risk of course...

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
If anyone's interested in learning the path behind the island holler and you can follow me one day... at your own risk of course...

If you have a "safe" route to get up there on lower water levels with a prop motor, I am interested in learning. I have been poking around those waters a good portion of my life but an always interested in learning new tricks. I will be out there on the 1st. Shoot me a PM with your number if you are still planning to be out there that day.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
If you have a "safe" route to get up there on lower water levels with a prop motor, I am interested in learning. I have been poking around those waters a good portion of my life but an always interested in learning new tricks. I will be out there on the 1st. Shoot me a PM with your number if you are still planning to be out there that day.

Have you been behind the island as far up to where it comes back out into the main river?? The path is pretty obvious, slow speeds and a lookout on the bow.... To me, the return trip is worse since you don't have as much control going downstream....