River Gold !!!!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Went Carp fishin g on the River with my wife June 30th . This was my birthday and she said we could go anywhere. I chose the Dan. We spent all afternoon fishing and caught 3 Carp and some small channel Cats. 175 GEESE kept us company for a while(yes I counted them) . Afterwards we ate Hotdogs at Sheetz and headed home. It was a fun evening on the water. I am 3 weeks behind on videos partially due to work and computer being in shop but I have some coming out soon on eastern catfishing and Bream fishing and one on Striper fishing where my son and I caught 25~ Stripers up to 8lbs a few weeks ago. Oh, forgot I got a Roanoke river float trip as well where 30 plus bass caught, 10 stripers, white perch and bream caught.

Enjoy-

Speed1

Eight Pointer
Sounds like a great day Mack, glad you got a few. I gotta ask, you going to eat them carp?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
No, to some of us Carp are fun to catch and it is strictly catch and release. I don't even bowfish for them anymore except somewhere like Jordan that has lots of little ones.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I use to see a lot of big, big old carp in the Neuse River around Kinston. I haven't been along the banks in a long time to check them out.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like a great day Mack, glad you got a few. I gotta ask, you going to eat them carp?
my hosts in china prepared me one evening for a special meal, a great delicacy they allowed.
In many places there what you can eat is displayed alive in a foyer before you enter.

their great delicacy was giant ass carp swimming around bass pros shop sized aquariums. I had snake instead. :)

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
my hosts in china prepared me one evening for a special meal, a great delicacy they allowed.
In many places there what you can eat is displayed alive in a foyer before you enter.

their great delicacy was giant ass carp swimming around bass pros shop sized aquariums. I had snake instead. :)
There is a secret to cooking delicious carp! You smoke it for many hours on a cedar plank. When it is all said and done you scrape the carp into the trash and eat the plank.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you are friendly with your local Chinese take-out place you could potentially trade some carp for food. They sell it for a couple bucks a pound at the Asian fish markets.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I understand that the Asian Carp, hopefully not found around here yet, is a different fish than our river carp and are quite good. There are folks in the area of the Mississippi and other large rivers that have them are trying to get a market going for them but people still think of carp as a trash fish and not worth eating. Seems it would be a win-win situation if they could get it going. Cut down on the invasive species that is hurting the native ecology and cut some slack to the salt water fish problems.