RIP Tim Conway

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tim Conway is dead at 85 after battling dementia. RIP. I absolutely loved him on the Carol Burnett show and with Don Knots in The Private Eyes.

Agree...he was one of the best in my lifetime...his skits with Harvey Korman were always hilarious....RIP Tim

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Goodbye Ensign Parker.?

As a kid, I never missed an episode of McHale's Navy! Tim Conway could entertain you just by showing up!

He was an artist who could make us laugh without being lewd or vulgar. Modern "comedians" could learn from this man.

He was the very best.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Sad to hear this. RIP Tim. The Carol Burnett show was one that the whole family gathered in front of the TV to watch. Back in the day when Pops wanted the channel changed he would tell me to do it. Or hold the rabbit ears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Blazing Saddles? A poorly written movie that he sadly had to overact.

He was a VERY funny comedian actor! We will miss him!

My favorite movie quote of his is "You spare the women folk?!?!??!?!"

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We need the @woodmoose trifecta here...you in on the banning JP?

0*lfFsZKCyj5HSvBY5

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I love the first half hour or so of blazing saddles. Probably the best comedy half hour of any movie. But Mel Brooks seemed to rush it writing wise imho.

I use the #6 quote all the time.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
He his well known by the older folks for his role in The Carol Burnett show, but he also voiced the sidekick to Ernest Borgnine’s character in Spongebob Squarepants until Ernest passed in 2012. Fans young and old alike mourn the loss of a great actor and comedian.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
First time I saw him was as Ensign Parker on Mchales Navy. Always a favorite afterwards.
The skit with Tim as a dentist and sticking the needle of Novocaine in his head is hilarious.
Harvey Korman was the patient, another great one gone. Harvey never could keep a straight face when
acting with Tim Conway, and I don't think I could of either.