RIP Patrick McManus

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
A very sad day indeed. I always had to read his books when alone. Every time I read them around someone else they always threatened me with bodily harm because of my laughing and silly giggling. McManus was the best I ever read. Everyone should give him a read.

MAM3006

Six Pointer
Lots of famous people dying lately in the last few days. Barbara Bush, Pat McManus, R Lee Ermey, Harry Anderson.......

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Man hate to here that he will be missed for sure,I like soilman ,his story's would be the first thing i would read when we got our outdoor life .

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I had a friend loan me a copy of "The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw" the year I graduated high school. I read everything I could find that he wrote after that. He sure brought a lot of smiles to this old world.

<>< Fish

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Read a lot of his books...I can remember They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?

He always referred to his sister as The Troll...and who can forget Rancid Crabtree?

We lost a great writer. RIP Mr. McManus.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
His books were perfect reading. I even tried the "Modified Stationary Panic" a few times myself. Prayers for his family.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Also noted that Charlie Alsheimer (a prolific writer for Deer & Deer Hunting and many years of studying and photographing deer) passed away sometime in late December 2017. Wasn't aware of his passing until I got the most recent copy of D&DH.
Seems like an awful lot of the good ones are taken way to soon.

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
RIP Pat.

It is never safe to be reading any of his stuff with either a mouthful of anything or a full bladder......

Lance

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
Sorry for the delay as I've been out of town. If you Google Patrick McManus you'll find plenty of stuff. And any library system is bound to have some or all of his books.

Lance

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I always read his column as a Kid. I recently found an ad for two of his books one signed. Even my Techy, Sci-Fi only Teenager likes his books. His humor spanned generations.