RIP James Parnell

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
nccatfisher, would this be Dr James F Parnell a professor @ UNCW that you speak of? The James P. that I knew was my Ornithology professor in the mid 70's @ UNC-Wilmington & authored several books. He really knew his shorebirds.

Wake native

Six Pointer
I am sorry to hear he passed. But i am glad he aint suffering any more. When my son wanted get dogs we went to Mr. Parnell. I was impressed by the man and his reputation. I know i didnt know him as well as some here. But i liked him. RIP

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
nccatfisher, would this be Dr James F Parnell a professor @ UNCW that you speak of? The James P. that I knew was my Ornithology professor in the mid 70's @ UNC-Wilmington & authored several books. He really knew his shorebirds.
No, he was the James Parnell from Hartsville SC that developed the Carolina Cur. He was a legend in the squirrel dog world.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
No, he was the James Parnell from Hartsville SC that developed the Carolina Cur. He was a legend in the squirrel dog world.
Thanks. I watched a couple of YouTube videos of Mr. Parnell's Carolina Cur squirrel dogs. They are determined & pretty little rascals! RIP Mr. Parnell.

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
He was a fine gentleman and enjoyed talking and dealing with him. Yes he was a man of his word. Just put Voodoo( PCC) in her kennel. She had treed on the feeder in woods behind house. RIP Peace Mr Parnell.............

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I hunted many a times with him, he was a very good man. Him and Randell Ewing made several trips up here back when we was putting on USDR competition hunts and I went to there club as well. I enjoyed hunting and talking with him. My dad bought a pup out of the very first litter of what would become the Carolina cur, I don’t think he was asking but $25 a pup because it was a accident. Rest In Peace Mr. Parnell

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hunted many a times with him, he was a very good man. Him and Randell Ewing made several trips up here back when we was putting on USDR competition hunts and I went to there club as well. I enjoyed hunting and talking with him. My dad bought a pup out of the very first litter of what would become the Carolina cur, I don’t think he was asking but $25 a pup because it was a accident. Rest In Peace Mr. Parnell
Yep, and Randall's Rocky dog was used in many breedings on CC dogs. He was a very nice Stephens.