Rios

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
talked with a friend (retired Air Force SpecOps fellow) who has land in extreme south texas,,,he's been inviting me to come turkey hunt,,,since I have my license for this year (good till next August) looks like we will coordinate for a hunt this spring - with some drum fishing thrown in,,,

life is good,,,,,,

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Man you're gonna have a ball. My favorite turkeys to hunt!

Just remember, if you're behind him, he's already gone. Find another one;)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just remember, if you're behind him, he's already gone.

Texas,,,they hunt "different" there for the most part,,,,,don't want to tick off any purists!!

may go there next fall as well - to shoot one with my Savage 99 in .22 Hi-Power,,,also not a "purist" thing,,,but a very traditional way of taking turkeys back in the early 1900s and with a early 1900s rifle,,,,,,,

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like you'll be in south Texas Rio heaven if you have roost trees and if water double that. And yeah Texas kinda goes against the purist thought no other state is as liberal in method combined with limits. Can bait birds spring and fall rifles are common especially combo hunts for turkey and deer pig or havelena. Nothing better than bunch gobblers hemmed up in group live oaks if in right spot can hear more in one morning than 2 years hunting easterns put together. All you need is half way decent weather. Needless to say I'm jealous.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Yeah, been looking for a good Tejas hunt with someone reputable for a while now...I must admit that Im a bit envious also. Have a great hunt, look foward to hearing more about this one. ??

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Woodmoose I hate to say it but I don’t believe you....... I think you should bring me along to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk