rifle competitions.......

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Thinking about trying a few out to see how I like it.......what are some easy ones to shoot within a couple of 3 hours drive or so of the Raleigh area...........

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Look into the N-SSA I can help you out to get started if you want to try it.
Other than that check out CMP and do the club shoots then nationals and eastern games.
If you are looking 3G then I could get you contact info.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Look into the N-SSA I can help you out to get started if you want to try it.
Other than that check out CMP and do the club shoots then nationals and eastern games.
If you are looking 3G then I could get you contact info.

Not really interested in 3 gun. Mainly looking at centerfire rifle. Want to shoot my bolt guns more. Would prefer using what I already have and go from there if I enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not really interested in 3 gun. Mainly looking at centerfire rifle. Want to shoot my bolt guns more. Would prefer using what I already have and go from there if I enjoy it.

they are out there, just need to find what you like - I don't know what weapons you mean when you say "using what I already have",,,,but there are

• high power sporting rifle matches (where most any good deer rifle will make you competitive if you are up to it)
  • high power matches (if you already own a AR style rifle, or other military action)
  • rimfire matches
  • etc

google, searching teh NRA competition site, and the NCRPA website will net you plenty

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns

they are out there, just need to find what you like - I don't know what weapons you mean when you say "using what I already have",,,,but there are

• high power sporting rifle matches (where most any good deer rifle will make you competitive if you are up to it)
  • high power matches (if you already own a AR style rifle, or other military action)
  • rimfire matches
  • etc

google, searching teh NRA competition site, and the NCRPA website will net you plenty

I have 4 ‘tactical’ rifle setups that I have shot out to 1k so I kind of want to explore the prone long range stuff and see what I can find

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Long range requires a “long” range. Thats the hindering factor. Someone was telling me about longe range rimfire. 250-300rds? That was intriguing.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have 4 ‘tactical’ rifle setups that I have shot out to 1k so I kind of want to explore the prone long range stuff and see what I can find

if I recall correctly, Butner hosts some long range matches, or did

Our little "Sportsman's Association" down here coordinates with some organizations down this way every once in a while to use their KD range for practice,,,helps that we have some "ins"

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
could chase the Guardian competitions - missed the NC one, it was in sept

http://www.guardianlongrange.com/

you've missed most of the NC long range events, but there are a few more coming

• Oct 20-21 Sat-Sun NSSC Jim Fletcher, XTC Match
  • Oct 26 Fri NCRPA LR Practice (12 pm)
  • Oct 27-28 Sat-Sun NCRPA NCRPA 1000 Yd Weekend
  • Nov 3-4 Sat-Sun NSSC Doug Morgan XTC Match
  • Nov 16 Fri NSSC Long Range Practice at (12 pm)
  • Nov 17-18 Sat-Sun NSSC Long Range “Iron Man”
  • 121034 Nov 17 Sat NSSC Annual Membership Meeting

http://www.northstateshootingclub.com/pdfs/2018/2018matchschedule.pdf

you can look at that schedule above to get a feel for the match tempo - it will be about the same next year

come on out, it's a blast

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah I have an email in to the lady that runs the butner shoots. We shall see.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Long range requires a “long” range. Thats the hindering factor. Someone was telling me about longe range rimfire. 250-300rds? That was intriguing.

If you are interested in .22 competition there are monthly online matches at rimfirecentral.com. I am on the CZ subforum and only shooting the 25 yd. matches right now but hope to get set up in the future to shoot the 100 and 200 yd. matches. Right now, the scoped 25 yd. match is kicking my butt.

For what it's worth, here is a link to the October match with the targets posted this month.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1137163&page=2