Rick Poole ie. Ridge Runner has died

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
A reminder just how fast life can change make sure live for today tomorrow ain't promised. Enjoy all time you got with family and friends

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
4 year anniversary of the passing of my good friend Ridgerunner Rick Poole. This morning I watched the sunrise in Maine on the opening day of the fall turkey season. I used one of Rick's homemade calls to attempt to get a response. No luck. About 8am I was enjoying a cup of coffee when a flock of geese flew over. I just smiled and remembered the good times. Miss ya bud.....

21558933_10210116426855788_1598274766900719569_n.jpg

DSCF1162.JPG

KrisB

Ten Pointer
4 year anniversary of the passing of my good friend Ridgerunner Rick Poole. This morning I watched the sunrise in Maine on the opening day of the fall turkey season. I used one of Rick's homemade calls to attempt to get a response. No luck. About 8am I was enjoying a cup of coffee when a flock of geese flew over. I just smiled and remembered the good times. Miss ya bud.....

View attachment 74460

View attachment 74461

That is a beautiful way to remember him! I did not know him, but he sounds like he was awesome. Thank you for sharing some of your memories here.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dude was a " professional turkey hunter" if there ever was one.
Yes sir ....he was very good at his craft šŸ˜‰

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hard to believe it has been 6 years since Rick left this world.... I watched a group of honkers flying to a cut grainfield shortly after daybreak this morning with my coffee cup in hand and my mind full of hunting adventures we shared.... I was waiting for him to say " Here they come Mac . ..... get ready...... " one day I'll see him again and the additional stories I'll have to tell. Live each day to its fullest we never know when we will see our last sunrise or sunset or watch the last flock float into the decoy spread. Raise a glass to the memories of my brother from another mother Rick Poole . RIP

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hard to believe it has been 6 years since Rick left this world.... I watched a group of honkers flying to a cut grainfield shortly after daybreak this morning with my coffee cup in hand and my mind full of hunting adventures we shared.... I was waiting for him to say " Here they come Mac . ..... get ready...... " one day I'll see him again and the additional stories I'll have to tell. Live each day to its fullest we never know when we will see our last sunrise or sunset or watch the last flock float into the decoy spread. Raise a glass to the memories of my brother from another mother Rick Poole . RIP
I just read most of this thread.

What a tribute. I'm sorry I never got to know him.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
A fine tribute.