Rick Hendrick...

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Rick is an effing criminal. He should still be in prison. Oh, that's right... he didn't go because he faked having Cancer. Confined to his mansion, which included his backyard (Lake Norman).
Then, a miracle cure and a pardon by ol' Slick Willie himself.
Rick Hendrick is and has always been a crook .

I heard his drivers did great in the show.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Rick is an effing criminal. He should still be in prison. Oh, that's right... he didn't go because he faked having Cancer. Confined to his mansion, which included his backyard (Lake Norman).

I’m sorry…..not trying to hijack the thread. I’ve been removed from the racing scene for quite some time now so this may be a dumb question but what did rick Hendrick do to warrant going to prison?

specialk

Twelve Pointer
"In 1997, Hendrick pleaded guilty to mail fraud In the 1980s, honda automobiles were in high demand and Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements. Hendrick admitted to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars, bmw automobiles, and houses to American Honda Motor Company executives. Hendrick was sentenced in December 1997 to a $250,000 fine, 12 months' home confinement (instead of prison, due to his leukemia), three years probation, and to have no involvement with Hendrick Automotive Group (which was run by Jim Perkins) or Hendrick Motorsports (run by his brother John) during his year of confinement. In December 2000, Hendrick received a full pardon from President clinton."

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
And he made millions selling cars that were in high demand that ONLY his dealerships had.
People had to come from all over our country to get some models. His dealerships charged whatever they could get away with.
IIRC there were charges of federal racketeering, and price fixing on the cars. Maybe those were just charges and not convictions. He was convicted in federal court. His money and influence saved him.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
here's a E1m-SzlWQAY1ooA.jpgphoto they took monday with all the folks from the company...drivers, crew chiefs, teams as well as rick....

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
He's closing in on the King's record of wins. I believe the Petty's only ever ran two cars, but mostly one car. Rick's had four cars forever. Doesn't seem comparable to me.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
Why will they be out of a job come November?
All the chassis are built by a company owned by NASCAR so no need in a chassis shop the bodies are all flange fit fiberglass so no need for 30 body hangers . Most mechanics will survive but it’s going to be a lot like the end of the 07 season. I’m glad I got out when I did, still working in the racing industry but not NASCAR. That ship is sinking quickly!

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re all out of jobs soon. Idk how nascar is still going. It’s popularity is basically nothing compared to 20 years ago. I used to love it but haven’t watched a race in years. Idk how anyone can watch modern nascar and be entertained. But about the hendrick stuff……idk how I never knew any of that. I just don’t remember it.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re all out of jobs soon. Idk how nascar is still going. It’s popularity is basically nothing compared to 20 years ago. I used to love it but haven’t watched a race in years. Idk how anyone can watch modern nascar and be entertained. But about the hendrick stuff……idk how I never knew any of that. I just don’t remember it.
I don’t see it going anywhere. Yeah it’s losing some of the older generation but there is more younger starting to keep up with it. It wasn’t a sell out crowd but Darlington was rather full couple weeks back. Every track is different but I’ve never seen that many black families at a race before. I hope to go back to the Southern 500 or Roval later this year. I need a camper!!

Quackman

Twelve Pointer

His house he was confined to was on Sharon Rd right down from South Park Mall. Not Lake Norman

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm not going to lie.

I think Rick Hendrick WAS a sleazy slimy businessman who finally got called out and eventually caught to the point his no doubt high $ attorneys informed him that he was busted cold, and he might better be to plead guilty rather than fight it and be found guilty by a jury, sentencing wise.

Then came the "Marrow". Back then, it suddenly shifted from Hendrick's "legal" issues to his "health" issues. I remember seeing the "1-800-Marrow1 Stickers all over the inside of Jeff Gordon's in car cameras. I remember all of the Hendrick drivers calling him via mobile phone after wins (legally allowed) to congratulate him and give him thanks. The guy wasn't even allowed to attend the races, but his presence was never in question, on national TV.

If the Feds had the case, then the Feds dropped the ball big time imho.

Not saying he was never sick, but to "fake" it all with DR's and test results, and blood samples, all while the Fed's are on his back?

Looking back now, I find his MIRACULOUS recovery "suspicious". I won't call him a faker though.

Convicted Felon? I'll call him that all day long, because he is, and will always be one.

I know a few personally. A few of that small group, I call friends. I wouldn't trade them for the world.