Revolver Questions

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have a few guns I would like to have some rough estimates on value on.

any chance for a “good” condition value and a nib never shot value?

s&w 29-3

s&w 66-2

colt trooper mk3

colt python (old series)

s&w 686

Trying to justify some decisions.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Have a few guns I would like to have some rough estimates on value on.

any chance for a “good” condition value and a nib never shot value?

s&w 29-3

s&w 66-2

colt trooper mk3

colt python (old series)

s&w 686

Trying to justify some decisions.
I have all of those except the trooper.....a whole lot depends on condition and blued or stainless or nickel....and barrel length.....all great guns though

Do the research on the intraweb. There are several sites that sell guns you can reference. gunbroker.com for example. Price it high if you are selling. You can always come down if need be. The market is good right now. If you are looking for insurance cost it just depends on how high you want your premium.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Disclaimer: There are lots of variables ..... the particular model, barrel length, condition, original box & papers, etc. I would need those details to narrow it down, but generally speaking ......

Most N-Frame (pre-lock) S&W's are ranging between $700 - $1100

K & L-Frames between $600 - $900

Pythons between $2000 - $4000

I don't really keep up with Trooper values but they're bringing pretty decent money, as well.

Local sales bring a little less than online vendors like Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, etc.

Last edited:

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
I'll echo what the others have said on the Smiths
29-3's seem to start around $700 or so and go up to $1000 or more depending on barrel length, condition, box/papers etc.
66-2's are usually around 600-900 with the shorter barrels being towards the higher end in general
686 (is it a no dash?) Barrel length is a big factor. Short barrel 686's tend to bring a few hundred more than 4"+ barrels. and anything -4 or earlier is a premium as they're pre-lock with forged internals. $750-1100 is typical depending on which "dash", barrel length, box/papers etc.

There are value exceptions up and down on these, a good place to check is the ended auctions on gunbroker to gauge what they're selling for.
-I'll defer to others on the Colts as I have little experience with them.

Also, If you're interested in selling any of the Smiths shoot me a PM, lol