Retriever hunt test?

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Katy has been doing very solid work in training - we are running a AKC Senior test this Saturday in Cheraw, then registered for Senior tests in Advance on weekend of 4/20. May 4/5 we are going to run HRC seasoned in Grey Court, SC. Looking for 2 Senior passes for a title (this weekend they only have one Sr. due to no tests on Easter Sunday).

Last edited:

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Katy has been doing very solid work in training - we are running a AKC Senior test this Saturday in Cheraw, then registered for Senior tests in Advance on weekend of 4/20. May 4/5 we are going to run HRC seasoned in Grey Court, SC. Looking for 2 Senior passes (this weekend they only have on Sr. due to no tests on Easter Sunday).
If we weren’t Easter egg hunting Saturday, I’d ride down

shurshot

Ten Pointer
If we weren’t Easter egg hunting Saturday, I’d ride down
Cooper Black has some nice grounds. I got 2 Sr. passes there with Gauge. Big water and major wind on the water test had me wondering how he (and I for that matter) we’re going to perform. His marks turned out to be excellent.

WNCDH, can’t remember if you ran Jrs. with Kate? If so, how many passes are required for a SR title, still 4? Wow, you running both HRC and AKC has got to be expensive and time consuming! Best of luck to ya, won’t be too long I’m afraid before I’ll want to dive back into it. Lot of satisfaction derived. 👌

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Cooper Black has some nice grounds. I got 2 Sr. passes there with Gauge. Big water and major wind on the water test had me wondering how he (and I for that matter) we’re going to perform. His marks turned out to be excellent.

WNCDH, can’t remember if you ran Jrs. with Kate? If so, how many passes are required for a SR title, still 4? Wow, you running both HRC and AKC has got to be expensive and time consuming! Best of luck to ya, won’t be too long I’m afraid before I’ll want to dive back into it. Lot of satisfaction derived. 👌
CB is really nice, been quite a few times, but my black dogs are in MS and one chocolate has just had a litter and the other is due in about a week and a half. No dogs for me to run, but I’m sure it’s been filled up and closed for weeks.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
CB is really nice, been quite a few times, but my black dogs are in MS and one chocolate has just had a litter and the other is due in about a week and a half. No dogs for me to run, but I’m sure it’s been filled up and closed for weeks.
That was the thing I didn’t like back then was trying to find a Hunt Test that didn’t fill up so quickly and one that was close enough so we didn’t have to spend a Friday night away from home. Was me more than the pup, all he knew was the fun was about to start when we loaded up at 5am and hit the road! They know stuff like that, lol.

JB, dang MS is a long ways away. I know you have some good dogs there. 👍

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns

It hasn’t been easy on the wallet for sure, but I wanted a top rate dog when I got her and don’t plan to let her down. Plus we are both having fun. I didn’t handle her myself until her first senior test, she came back from training with a JH title. And yeah she needs a total of 4 sr. passes for title. Down side is she needs two more and this weekend they only are holding one senior test. But I needed to go ahead and register for the CRA test in a few weeks - so if she passes her next 2, the third test will be for fun. If we don’t pass one, we have that one in our back pocket so we don’t have to wait for the the next test somewhere.

She’s run one HRC started test and that felt way below her level, so we are bumping up to seasoned

Never been to Cooper black, but looking forward to it. She’s trained regularly in the French Broad, at times with heavy current and whitecaps on a couple occasions with big wind. I have no concerns about her in the water in less than desirable conditions - she’s a swimmer!

Last edited: