Retired From Fedex Ground..

specialk

Twelve Pointer
not happy with amazon, their delivery people come out in personal vehicles wearing plain clothes....no uniforms......no company id...not cool....

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
not happy with amazon, their delivery people come out in personal vehicles wearing plain clothes....no uniforms......no company id...not cool....

Check out what Ice T said about that! He thinks one of them will end up getting shot! I see Amazon Prime tall vans daily now. 6 months ago I'm not sure they existed in my area.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Panthera,

Not sure if you are a Pantera fan (like me!) who mistyped, but welcome to the site and congratulations on your retirement!!!!

I have to say, this thread (which I skipped over several times expecting it to be about where should you move, hunt fish etc), I now find fascinating! You have SO MUCH insight into what I, and no doubt many others, probably completely forget about every time we check our tracking #'s wondering "how hard is it to deliver a scope from Colorado to my office in Cary, NC". Society often tends to ignore logistics, and focus only on "When will I, EYE, have it in my hand?!".

230 stops a day WOW!!!! I must admit, when I order something online, when it says "delivered to FedEx" I feel relieved. When it says either "delivered to USPS or UPS", I go ruh roh.

Loving your insight!

A buddy asked me, if I thought Fed Ex would make $ this upcoming Xmas season, or lose $. I was perplexed in what to tell him. I figure volume is King, regardless of what time packages get delivered. So I'd say yeah, they will make $.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I see Amazon Prime tall vans daily now.

yeap,,,get near any city of substance and there they are,,,,and the Amazon trailers behind semis outnumber the FEDEX or UPS ones anymore (at least on my travels - and just made the run down and back to Brunswick GA),,,

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Congratulations!
your co-workers delivered packages we did not order last Monday, I called Tues, and let them know...…...Tues, they delivered ANOTHER wrong package.
I called Thursday to let them know again
TODAY I CALLED AGAIN, since they have not picked up the packages yet, and got a regional woman who PUT IN AN ORDER so they would come get them in the next day or 2.
It seems, just A NOTE, is the normal procedure for the driver to pickup wrong deliveries WHEN THEY HAVE TIME.
I'm sure my neighbors are looking for their boxes, BUT, if I take them down there, then the driver may not learn where these folks live.
This is the 4th time in 1 year this has happened.
AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS!

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Stuff happens in transit so I usually don't get too fired up about it unless I actually see someone handling a package carelessly. What does burn me is that I have had a number of notifications that a package has been delivered when it really hasn't. So I go out and check around the doors, driveway and even the nearest house (.25 mile away) and find nothing. Then the package gets delivered the next day..........

Panthera

Eight Pointer
It's hard to believe what can happen to delay shipments. We have one shipper that ships packages intended for Statesville to our Kernersville hub. We send them back, but tomorrow more will come. Incorrect zip codes, po boxes as addresses will delay deliveries as well. Sometimes people claim non delivery, and the package will be sitting at their front door. They say,
('We never use the front door"). How are our people to know that??

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Panthera,

Not sure if you are a Pantera fan (like me!) who mistyped, but welcome to the site and congratulations on your retirement!!!!

I have to say, this thread (which I skipped over several times expecting it to be about where should you move, hunt fish etc), I now find fascinating! You have SO MUCH insight into what I, and no doubt many others, probably completely forget about every time we check our tracking #'s wondering "how hard is it to deliver a scope from Colorado to my office in Cary, NC". Society often tends to ignore logistics, and focus only on "When will I, EYE, have it in my hand?!".

230 stops a day WOW!!!! I must admit, when I order something online, when it says "delivered to FedEx" I feel relieved. When it says either "delivered to USPS or UPS", I go ruh roh.

Loving your insight!

A buddy asked me, if I thought Fed Ex would make $ this upcoming Xmas season, or lose $. I was perplexed in what to tell him. I figure volume is King, regardless of what time packages get delivered. So I'd say yeah, they will make $.
Yes, they will make lots...

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Panthera,

Loving your insight!

No, not a Pantera fan, I am a child of the 60's, and the Beatles are my band, followed by Led Zep and Queen.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Yes, they will make lots...
Pantera???? ;).

Seriously, I was doing out of state projects in the early 90's. We LIVED on tracking. Back then, we were told, your pallet will arrive on Monday-Friday of week XX. Now, we can track our package down to the hour. I can't imagine the stress this puts on companies, drivers, etc. I would want no part of it!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So where does your username come from?

you need to get out more,,,

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I like the big cats, coolest beasts on the planet. Genus Panthera. What is the "red flagged" message?

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Congrats.

We regularly get packages shipped. Seems we have different delivery person all the time. BotH UPS abs Fedex

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Congrats.

We regularly get packages shipped. Seems we have different delivery person all the time. BotH UPS abs Fedex
Sometimes, because of volume, the routes sometimes shift in one direction or another. Or, maybe the driver quit? Not hard to doubt that as of late.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sometimes, because of volume, the routes sometimes shift in one direction or another. Or, maybe the driver quit? Not hard to doubt that as of late.
Guy told me they shifting routes because of over loads in our area

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Congradulations on your retirement, I worked 20 years for UPS and took early retirement and started my own business. Only thing I miss are the vacation week's, I still see many of my friends that are still working and they are saying pretty much the same thing that it's a nightmare.
I love shopping online!!

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Here's something happened my last day..Four of us were at our designated smoking area having a smoke.
Three big wheels from Memphis walked by, and one of them came over and said, "You boys shouldn't be smoking, it's not good for you!" I told him my Grand Dad lived to be 98 years old..
'Did he smoke?" The guy asked. "No", I said, "But he did mind his own business!" They walked away...

Einstein

Six Pointer
I’m actually surprised by all this. FedEx is 500x faster in my opinion. UPS is slowwwwww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Nice one..lol Problem is cougars are not big cats, I mean, they are considered the biggest of small cat species, because they cannot roar..Genus Felis.. But they are big..lol

You need to read the book "Jaguar Hunting in the Matto Grosso and Bolivia" awesome book on the best Jaguar Hunter and guide of ll time. Also the book "The Longwalkers" which is about the best MT Lion Guide of all time.

One note, the largest Mt lions are found in and around Utah. South american Mt Lions(known as Panthers there) are not as big as north american ones but it was noted by many South american guides (no longer allowed to hunt them) that a 150 lb panther can whoop a 250 lb jaguar in a fight as a the Cougar/panther is almost as Strong as a jaguar but a whole lot faster.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You need to read the book "Jaguar Hunting in the Matto Grosso and Bolivia" awesome book on the best Jaguar Hunter and guide of ll time. Also the book "The Longwalkers" which is about the best MT Lion Guide of all time.

One note, the largest Mt lions are found in and around Utah. South american Mt Lions(known as Panthers there) are not as big as north american ones but it was noted by many South american guides (no longer allowed to hunt them) that a 150 lb panther can whoop a 250 lb jaguar in a fight as a the Cougar/panther is almost as Strong as a jaguar but a whole lot faster.
But mountain lions are the black
bears of the cat family. Unless you corner them they are gonna run like hell from pursuit, jaguars will wipe out a whole pack of dogs one at a time. Here is a 130# one that let a little 55# cur dog run him all over the place then hold him in a tree.IMG_0003.JPG

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I find it funny that I had a package out yesterday for delivery.
It never showed up. Fact no mail.showed up on my street.
Flags were still up today.

Guess they ran out of time or just plan to do it two times today.
We have had them ddo that before. They will finish the route early then go get todays mail.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
all three do fine out this way,,,and they have challenges delivering to us around the lake (sand roads),,,in fact on one little road (well driveway) they have ceased going down it cause if it hasn't rained they WILL get stuck,,,,,pulled them folks out a time or two,,,now they walk down to the house down there (local police officer and his wife/significant other)

,but now the COMPANIES that send stuff crack me up sometime

ordered some maps for upcoming boondoggles (have map, will travel),,,,they were bought, paid for, and shipped - got them last week via FEDEX,,,

yesterday I get an email from the company I bought them from - with shipping info for DHL telling me my "package is enroute",,,

funny, didn't order anything else,,

dig into it - same tracking number as the FEDEX shipment, just sent by seller as a DHL tracking number

knuckle heads

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here's something happened my last day..Four of us were at our designated smoking area having a smoke.
Three big wheels from Memphis walked by, and one of them came over and said, "You boys shouldn't be smoking, it's not good for you!" I told him my Grand Dad lived to be 98 years old..
'Did he smoke?" The guy asked. "No", I said, "But he did mind his own business!" They walked away...

Ha ha.... I guess that's the kind of thing you can say on your last day!

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
It's hard to believe what can happen to delay shipments. We have one shipper that ships packages intended for Statesville to our Kernersville hub. We send them back, but tomorrow more will come. Incorrect zip codes, po boxes as addresses will delay deliveries as well. Sometimes people claim non delivery, and the package will be sitting at their front door. They say,
('We never use the front door"). How are our people to know that??
I worked for UPS, while going to college, back in the late 70's. They kept asking me if I wanted to be a driver. NO WAY. Leaving the Center at 8 and not back until 7 that night was the normal. This was well before all the mail order companies.
But 10-4 on PO Boxes, Wrong address, shoe boxes used to ship the family heirloom, ....
Even back then it was bad.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
another off topic nugget......my wife has been getting packages from amazon that she never ordered, never was billed for, and amazon never shows it in there system. the first 3 times it happened they always told her to ''dispose'' of the package. the items are random crap never worth more than 25 bucks( one was worth that much)....most are less than 10..........she stopped calling them.....she gets them random......yesterday she got a nice diaper/duffle bag......we did get a case of 100 cheap ear buds that you would find at the dollar store......

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
another off topic nugget......my wife has been getting packages from amazon that she never ordered, never was billed for, and amazon never shows it in there system. the first 3 times it happened they always told her to ''dispose'' of the package. the items are random crap never worth more than 25 bucks( one was worth that much)....most are less than 10..........she stopped calling them.....she gets them random......yesterday she got a nice diaper/duffle bag......we did get a case of 100 cheap ear buds that you would find at the dollar store......
So THAT's where my damned ear buds are!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

My wife had a weird one last fall, the day after I left on a hunting trip.... 9pm, unmarked van, stopped at the top of our driveway. They called the house multiple times, when she picked up they said to turn the porch lights on if this was the right house. She turned them on and locked the house, but she was nervous. Turned out, it was just Amazon delivering her package.?