Retired From Fedex Ground..

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Let me enlighten y'all on Amazon delivery people..They carry out at least 150 stops..They must complete their delivery run in nine hours....Last year at Christmas, a Winston Salem Fedex driver had 247 stops one day..Got them all delivered by 2030..But..He missed Christmas Eve with his family. That's another reason I left. Like most card carrying conservatives I revere the birth of Christ, and was tired of having my holiday ruined just because some folks were too lazy to go shopping. Last year, a woman cursed my son because her kid saw the picture on the box and figured out what was inside. Another one of his customers threatened to shoot him, because he left a package in a guys garage... It was coming up a storm, the garage door was up, so Matt put it just inside the open garage so it would not get wet. No good deed goes unpunished.
Fedex would not tell me where he lived (neither would Matt, he knows his old man)) but we flagged him as an undeliverable location...He has to come retrieve his stuff...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There’s no question rural shoppers have benefited the most from the online retail boom. It’s the carriers choice of when to work and when not to. As many times as I’ve wanted Chick-fil-A on Sunday, I respect them greatly for putting the good of their workers above profit. All a carrier would need to do is say order by (one day earlier) to get it by Christmas. It’s not the shoppers fault for placing an order. If I order something the week of Christmas (rare) I am probably taking advantage of a sale and didn’t really need it by Christmas.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
got to go to town to shop,,,,don't like going to town,,,and the BP in hoffman only carries so much stuff I can buy for my wife's presents!!

That BP in Hoffman had a lot of bare spots in there when I was in there a few weeks ago. Looked to me either mismanagement or they were going out.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I understand that the three major carriers are asking some of the big shippers to back off their free shipping deals..

Panthera

Eight Pointer
More on Amazon..https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/amazon-delivery-drivers-prime-schedules-working-conditions-business-insider-logistics.html

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Let me enlighten y'all on Amazon delivery people..They carry out at least 150 stops..They must complete their delivery run in nine hours....Last year at Christmas, a Winston Salem Fedex driver had 247 stops one day..Got them all delivered by 2030..But..He missed Christmas Eve with his family. That's another reason I left. Like most card carrying conservatives I revere the birth of Christ, and was tired of having my holiday ruined just because some folks were too lazy to go shopping. Last year, a woman cursed my son because her kid saw the picture on the box and figured out what was inside. Another one of his customers threatened to shoot him, because he left a package in a guys garage... It was coming up a storm, the garage door was up, so Matt put it just inside the open garage so it would not get wet. No good deed goes unpunished.
Fedex would not tell me where he lived (neither would Matt, he knows his old man)) but we flagged him as an undeliverable location...He has to come retrieve his stuff...
Let me enlighten y’all on delivery drivers woes...

I care not a bit. They chose that job, and willingly go back every day. I have no sympathy for whining about a problem so easily solved...

Congrats on your retirement;)

Last edited:

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Congratulations, with that said I use any shipper except FEDEX because they left me FEDUP time and time again. If a company insists that is the only way to deliver then I use another company...our local FEDEX sucks! Hopefully yours wasn't like that.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Let me enlighten y’all on delivery drivers woes...

I care not a bit. They chose that job, and willingly go back every day. I have no sympathy for whining about a problem so easily solved...

Congrats on your retirement;)
Just because they chose the job does not mean they have to be treated like crap either. I saw it every day for 30 years. And the fact they came back for more speaks to their dedication if anything.
And thanks..

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Congratulations, with that said I use any shipper except FEDEX because they left me FEDUP time and time again. If a company insists that is the only way to deliver then I use another company...our local FEDEX sucks! Hopefully yours wasn't like that.
Sorry you had problems. Our hub had them too. It's all over. It's weird that in some areas FEDEX is better than UPS, and in others it's vice versa. But there are gonna be issues arise when you handle so much freight each day.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Congrats on your retirement from FedEx Ground. I'm retired from FedEx Express after 20+ years. Being a courier is a tough job, especially at peak times, like Christmas, Mother's Day & the week of Thanksgiving.
It's a demanding job, but I would not have changed a thing.
You are 100% correct on some areas FedEx is better and in other areas of NC, UPS is better. A lot of that has to do where the local station is that area & set of zip codes.
I never got Christmas Eve or the day after Thanksgiving off...and I now enjoy those days immensely and am able to relax and enjoy the season. :D

You worked hard, my friend. Congrats again and enjoy your retirement.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Congrats on your retirement from FedEx Ground. I'm retired from FedEx Express after 20+ years. Being a courier is a tough job, especially at peak times, like Christmas, Mother's Day & the week of Thanksgiving.
It's a demanding job, but I would not have changed a thing.
You are 100% correct on some areas FedEx is better and in other areas of NC, UPS is better. A lot of that has to do where the local station is that area & set of zip codes.
I never got Christmas Eve or the day after Thanksgiving off...and I now enjoy those days immensely and am able to relax and enjoy the season. :D

You worked hard, my friend. Congrats again and enjoy your retirement.
Thanks man. You know of what I speak..lol

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Give me a tenderloin and egg from Carter Brothers in High Point.
Well if you want to use your FedEx expertise and deliver them hot as I need them that is fine. But since my camper and hunt club is about 4-5 miles from Hoffman and they are in essence the only game in town when I need something quick and don't take time to cook that is where I go.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Lol. Ok. But really, never seen such huge pieces of tenderloin.. I have always stood on the premise the best food comes from small places, family owned.