Restoration

Bean

Eight Pointer
I bought a 78 Bronco about a month ago. It’s in pretty decent shape but I’ve been in love with those things since I was a little kid so I’m doing a frame off restoration on it. I like doing things myself so I built me a body rotisserie to do all my work to it while it’s off the frame and it makes it easier to move around in the shop. Pretty happy with how it turned out. 499CB31A-5C10-43E6-8084-843B96165236.jpeg14EA2B7F-C408-464E-AC94-7974C9E8915B.jpeg

hot_rod_eddie

Six Pointer
Cool stuff. Been thinking of building my own rotisserie for years, but don't have room for the stuff I have now. Good luck with the build.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I bought a 78 Bronco about a month ago. It’s in pretty decent shape but I’ve been in love with those things since I was a little kid so I’m doing a frame off restoration on it. I like doing things myself so I built me a body rotisserie to do all my work to it while it’s off the frame and it makes it easier to move around in the shop. Pretty happy with how it turned out. View attachment 64292View attachment 64293

You have talent Sir,,, talent

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Anxious to see it finished. When the large Bronco came out I ordered one just the way I wanted it, no chrome, rubber floormats, rear spare carrier, four speed on the floor, limited slip 350 rearend, trailer package and dual block heaters in case I moved back out West. Let my wife talk me into trading it for a Mustang convertible several years later and have been kicking my butt ever since. Miss my old Bronco!

roughrider

Six Pointer
I tracked down my grandpas old 94 with the 300(they were fuel injected by that point and going by 4.9) Love that dang truck though.

Wanting a 70's bronco or f100 with the 300 as a complement! Looking forward to watching your progress on the build

Bean

Eight Pointer
Little update haven’t hit the old girl to hard lately. Got my frame completely stripped and the body mount holes reworked (rust). It’s ready to blast and get into a few coats of epoxy. Have the cancer cut out from above the firewall inside the cowl won’t be long I’ll start shaping metal to fix that. More to come

Attachments

• E6A82542-C293-49FD-81FA-5988E1EBA954.jpeg
    E6A82542-C293-49FD-81FA-5988E1EBA954.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 22
  • A5EF196B-E40E-43AC-8D9E-611FB9FA1CC5.jpeg
    A5EF196B-E40E-43AC-8D9E-611FB9FA1CC5.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 22

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had a couple pickups in that era. They were great trucks but the interior panels especially the door and dash were absolutely junk. I would look hard toward aftermarket replacement stuff for that. I would bet any stuff you found OEM would be so brittle you would be replacing it almost as soon as you put it on.

Good luck with your endeavor, it should be darn nice when you finish.

Bean

Eight Pointer
I had a couple pickups in that era. They were great trucks but the interior panels especially the door and dash were absolutely junk. I would look hard toward aftermarket replacement stuff for that. I would bet any stuff you found OEM would be so brittle you would be replacing it almost as soon as you put it on.

Good luck with your endeavor, it should be darn nice when you finish.
I’m actually going to try my hand at custom door panels and if I tank well I guess I’ll go shopping lol.