Resident geese in WNC

coop917

Button Buck
Sandy mush is 12 minutes from my house, the WRC claims there are resident geese at Sandy Mush. I’m wondering if anyone’s tried resident goose there. I was looking to go out on Monday to try my luck. Driving back and forth to the east takes a toll on my wallet.

Last edited:

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Go scout a few mornings and see if there are any geese and where they go. If you go blind you are waisting your time, geese or not.

coop917

Button Buck
Go scout a few mornings and see if there are any geese and where they go. If you go blind you are waisting your time, geese or not.

I’ll be up there scouting Sunday, mostly for dove but also was going to look for the geese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I’ll be up there scouting Sunday, mostly for dove but also was going to look for the geese.

Any luck? I haven’t been out to the Mush since turkey season. Plan on going for dove soon. Trying my luck w geese floating the Catawba river today

coop917

Button Buck

Any luck? I haven’t been out to the Mush since turkey season. Plan on going for dove soon. Trying my luck w geese floating the Catawba river today

A couple of dove before I had to leave at 11:30. Fog was thick and hung around late. As far as the geese I went town to the French broad and went up a little ways of sandy mush creek and didn’t see anything. I’ve heard a few honks while on the dove fields so I’m convinced there’s some there but I haven’t come across them.

I’ve contemplated heading over to Johns River one of these weekends to try my luck over there for a few geese and have a pay hunt lined up for the end of the month in Elizabeth City but this hurricane might change that.