Request for support for a special young lady

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
Hey guys. This is a little request for assistance, but some background first. In 1983 my father was killed in an airplane crash. Not only was my father killed, but his older brother as well. The two of them owned a construction company that was the lifeline of our family and my cousins' family. My older brother, only 17 at the time, and a senior in high school, plus my cousin, 19 years old, took over the family business to support their families. My brother also took over the role as "father" and mentor, and tirelessly taught me sports, life, and carried me hunting as much as my insatiable desires required. Nine years later my brother was married to his high school sweetheart and had a beautiful young daughter. Unfortunately, my brother died in 2003 at the young age of 37 when that daughter was only 11 years old. That young girl has now grown to an incredible young lady who is well rounded, smart, and wonderful in every way. She is also competing in the Miss NC Pageant this summer. Each time you view the following short video, you will support her in her quest to become Ms. North Carolina and will help me in honoring the memory of my incredible older brother who helped me become the man I am today. You can watch the video as many times as you like, each view is a vote, and thanks for any support you can provide.

http://centralnc.twcnews.com/conten...07441/miss-greater-sandhills-summer-hennings/

Please pass along as you may see fit.

Johnnie

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
+1 more view for ya. best of luck to her. My ex was in the Miss NC pageant a few years ago and finished top 10. I know for a fact that it takes a lot of hard work time and energy to do something like that.

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
Won't hold the "unc is heaven on earth" against her lol. Hope she wins.

I can't either even though I am a NCSU grad. FWIW, I thought I would add that this is an all-American girl with good morals and values. Her father (my brother) was a green beret (it was all he ever wanted after seeing the 1968 movie "The Green Berets" staring John Wayne). Her mother, as she states in the video, is fighting cancer right now and is a middle-school principle. Her step father just retired from 25 years in the Army and has served overseas in many theaters. This is an awesome family from top to bottom. Thanks to everyone who has viewed so far.

Johnnie

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Done! Yeah, about that "heaven on earth statement". If that's the case, I may as well start working to get into the "other" place.