Remington Quality Control

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Looks like someone in QC was having an off day when this box was packed.

Attachments

• 2D357B9F-C093-4C92-B7E7-4C07D0CAD8C7.jpeg
    2D357B9F-C093-4C92-B7E7-4C07D0CAD8C7.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 236

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Dang. They shouldn't even be on the same line..... I haven't been in a Remington ammo factory but the Winchester one I toured it wouldn't have been possible to mix them up accidentally. I suspect human error or intent somewhere associated with this.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah in a lot of places you can open the box or package of ammo and access the contents off the shelf

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
30 years ago I was helping my buddy sight in his 3006 he was hitting all over...one blew up dirt half way to target ..then one made 2 holes...we looked at his factory winchester 3006 ammo and one half of the box was 270 which he was shooting....they will load and shoot in a 3006 how ot did not blow up I'll never know....we put 3006 in sighted in rifle and it shot fine....quite scarry

nettereo16

Six Pointer
30 years ago I was helping my buddy sight in his 3006 he was hitting all over...one blew up dirt half way to target ..then one made 2 holes...we looked at his factory winchester 3006 ammo and one half of the box was 270 which he was shooting....they will load and shoot in a 3006 how ot did not blow up I'll never know....we put 3006 in sighted in rifle and it shot fine....quite scarry

When I was younger my dad slipped a 270 into his 3006 without knowing. He was sighting in off the hood of the truck, somehow the projectile clipped the hood as a result. I learned a good lesson early on from that

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns

I guess growing up in a house where we had multiple calibers I was taught to never ever put anything in the gun without checking it first... still do, every single one gets an eyeball before it goes in the gun

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
My dad who is a crack shot with a rifle missed a buck one season three times at 100 yards. I was surprised that he missed but not nearly as shocked as him when he found out the problem.

He mistakenly loaded his 30-06 with 270 ammo that was in his truck before we went hunting that morning in a rush. Lesson learned and everything gets examined before loading and all ammo is now in a marked box since most of what we shoot is hand loaded.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I'd bet it happened AFTER it left Remington. I won't buy ammo, oil filters, parts at big retail stores without verifying the contents at the register now. Buying the wrong oil filter in the right box with a vehicle setting on the lift waiting sucks but not as bad as the folks switching merchandise from box to box.

<>< Fish

30/06

Twelve Pointer
From what I’ve seen Remington churn out the last few years I can certainly see this being there issue. Buddy bought a rifle that the bore was out of line, had our gunsmith bore scope it and was shocked by what he saw, sent it back and they just drilled it out more and sent it back.

Another guy in our club had a primer put in backwards. That was Hornady factory ammo.