Remington model 700 .270

Bma242002

Button Buck
Anyone ever done the magazine modification for a Remington 270? Was wondering how difficult it is and if it’s worth it. I would Mitch rather have a magazine fornit vs. the spring loaded clip.

Thanks in advance!

Todd v.

Button Buck
I've done it with a Mauser 98...never a M700. I have a M70 I have contemplated doing a drop box.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Which conversion are you looking at? The one that uses the Remington factory mags or are you looking to go to an AICS style conversion? I converted my 700 from floor plate and follower to an AICS style with the magpul conversion with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bma242002

Button Buck
Which conversion are you looking at? The one that uses the Remington factory mags or are you looking to go to an AICS style conversion? I converted my 700 from floor plate and follower to an AICS style with the magpul conversion with no issues

Tried the mag pull to night didn’t work. Magazine will not lock into place and it will not feed the rounds correctly.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns

Tried the mag pull to night didn’t work. Magazine will not lock into place and it will not feed the rounds correctly.

Try to really put some pressure on the mag when you seat it. I don’t remember mine being hard to get to lock, and the rounds feed perfect from the one I have.

Bma242002

Button Buck
Try to really put some pressure on the mag when you seat it. I don’t remember mine being hard to get to lock, and the rounds feed perfect from the one I have.

I did everything I could still would not lock into place. I’ll wait till after the season and prob take it to a gun smith.