Remington hunting magazines for AR-15s in .204 and 5.56 on sale

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
those are "hunting magazines" in PA and such that limit rounds,,,,,I use my 30 rd'rs,,,never know when that horde of pigs will show up,,,,,,,,,,,

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
those are "hunting magazines" in PA and such that limit rounds,,,,,I use my 30 rd'rs,,,never know when that horde of pigs will show up,,,,,,,,,,,

PA doesn't limit rounds but semi autos are illegal.

5 rounders make good bench magazines

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
How would you know?
You shoot them?

10 and 20 rounders like the Pmag are best for hunting and bench shooting.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pmags are $12-$14 locally. I looked at 10 round pmags but there is nothing to grab. Got a 20 and will probably get more 20/30 mags. I can't think of a reason for a 5 round.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Every store I have been in has the 10 and 20 p mags. Most in the 10 to 12$ range.
Found some on sale for 80 to 90 per 10 mags on line when I git a bunch of mine.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
PA doesn't limit rounds but semi autos are illegal.

that's right,,,,,the Remington pump is a favorite of my buddies up there,,,,,now i'll have to remember what the heck state it was that I was thinking of,,,,,,

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
He has a point. You may can fit 100 steel mags in a corn sack and only 98 pmags
But at the end of the day you have a corn sack that does not weigh as much with p mags and more number of dead deer as you could with that steel mag from remington.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Pmags are certainly better.

So are the Hexmags. Look for those as well.

http://hexmag.com/

ever used them or seen them?

How are you sure they are better?
Made in CO the last home of Magpul and I remember reading there are a bunch of employees from magpul there.

I have over 100 magpuls yet have not seen any Hex local.
I would guess that you own them and have tested them based on what you have stated.

Me I cant say, as I have not had any in hand or used them and don't trust everything I read.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I have had trouble with tight fitting magazines.

Only magazines I find locally are the Pmags.

All else have to order over the internet.

Pmags, Hexmags and Thermolds seem to be good to go.

I have had USGI alumimum magazines that would not drop free.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't want my magazines to drop necessarily,,,prefer to take them off by hand,,,and then into the shirt, bag, whatever,,,,,never know when you need that magazine to reload up with loose rounds,,,,,,

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I don't want my magazines to drop necessarily,,,prefer to take them off by hand,,,and then into the shirt, bag, whatever,,,,,never know when you need that magazine to reload up with loose rounds,,,,,,

I agree but the mags I had were very tight fitting. I'm no high speed operator but still it bothered me.

I usually buy one of a type and try it to see if it works in my gun.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've,got one steel mag and one pmag. The steel one drops freely sometimes. The magpul drops on command. I like the magpul, although I have noticed the pmag is tough to load with a closed bolt. Might be the same with the steel mags, but I've not noticed it.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
But at the end of the day you have a corn sack that does not weigh as much with p mags and more number of dead deer as you could with that steel mag from remington.

It was a touch of sarcasm. I really don't care which bag I grab if it gets bad enough that I have to consider that lol.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
they will all go bad over time,,,,a lot of the steel magazines (at least mine) are relatively ancient,,,,,I've had them a few years,,,,,

may need to get some more,,,,won an Aero Precision last night! :greenjump::cool: