Remember the boy that was lost in New Bern?

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
So many people said that since the NCSHP helicopters had FLIR (forward-looking infrared radar) that they would have spotted him so easily. Well, take a look at this video of some thugs that were arrested in Florida for steeling outboard motors from a boatyard. In the early part of the video you can see several officers tracking the suspects, including a canine on a leash with the lead officer. However, even when they are within less than 10 yards from the suspect, you can't see any heat signature from him as he's hiding up under some bushes. Once they threaten him with turning that dog loose on his ass did he come out where you can see a bright reflective heat signature. This was a 200-lb grown man, in Florida, wearing normal Florida attire, who had been running/sweating trying to hide from the police.
Then, think about a 40 lb. kid, wearing a winter coat, huddled up under a briar-bed next to a tree, in marginal weather - how much heat signature do you believe the Highway Patrol's helicopter would have seen? Still believe he was "placed there" later?
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/c...n-theft-boat-motors-martin-county/3433028002/

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The outboard theft rings in South Florida are out of control. They are stealing ECU's from Yamaha's during broad daylight and 2-3 guys are freezing/cutting bolts and carrying whole outboards to the truck and driving off. They have even started stealing Suzukis....

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Obviously y’all are not to keen on the Suzuki outbords.... I owned one years ago and it was a pearl. The Suzuki four strokes are great motors according to the few friends of mine that run them on SeaArks

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Obviously y’all are not to keen on the Suzuki outbords.... I owned one years ago and it was a pearl. The Suzuki four strokes are great motors according to the few friends of mine that run them on SeaArks

Yep, absolutely nothing against the Suzuki outboard 4 strokes. Great engines.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
I’ve often said I’ll run anything somebody wants to buy for my boat.... but I did buy myself a Yamaha since nobody came thru.;)

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Damn... Yall will argue over anything. What if it's a Yamaha engine with UNC and yeti stickers on it?